How is president Trump different from campaign trump?

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:14 am

AJisHere wrote:
Angela, he's going to be way too busy to tweet. Sorry.

b9 wrote:
i am not even an american and i have much less interest in this matter than you do, but i stand by what i said.

Sure thing; you'll even have plenty of time to find shelter from the nuclear fallout all the way over there on that island! : :lol:

i won't need time. i am living so far away from your country that i just look on as a very comfortable spectator.
i live in a mountain range in australia that is outside of any countries interest.
no terrorism up here. it's just business as usual every day.

you have to be stupid in order to be uncertain whether trump will resort to nuclear weapons under any circumstance.

him and putin have lot's to talk about and they both like each other much.

in the long run, russia seems quite like america in it's genetic makeup, and maybe if there were more communication between them then they would see that their ideals are similar.
who knows anyway.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:19 am

nurseangela wrote:
We do need to get tougher. Right now we're pansies. Obama isn't even respected - except by maybe Iran, only because he gave them a crapload of money. The last thing I read was that China was yelling at him when he went to visit them and they wouldn't even let him off the plane! :mrgreen:

Trump does have respect from some countries... none of which are democratic. Agreed that Americans are a bunch of wimps though.

b9 wrote:
you have to be stupid in order to be uncertain whether trump will resort to nuclear weapons under any circumstance.

Trump isn't even certain whether Trump will resort to nuclear weapons under any circumstances, but he's already expressed positions on nuclear arms use that are literally unprecedented.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:19 am

nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
b9 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I have a feeling he will become much more grave.

is "grave" the correct word? maybe more "sober" and "diligent" and concentrating on the task that he imagines must be done.
"grave" connotes pessimism.
i think he will just get to work and work hard on running america like he runs his corporations.
i am not sure he has the intelligence to take on such a task, but surely no one else does.

the ""gravity" comes from one of his speeches about the problems besetting us, and one of his lines, "America is gonna have to get a lot tougher."

We do need to get tougher. Right now we're pansies. Obama isn't even respected - except by maybe Iran, only because he gave them a crapload of money. The last thing I read was that China was yelling at him when he went to visit them and they wouldn't even let him off the plane! :mrgreen:

foreign powers need to be scared into submission?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:21 am

AJisHere wrote:
Angela, he's going to be way too busy to tweet. Sorry.

If he doesn't tweet, I'll be right out there with those protesters. I do have my limits of what I'll accept.

Trump should have plenty of time to tweet, heck Obama's first job was golfing. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:28 am

nurseangela wrote:
If he doesn't tweet, I'll be right out there with those protesters. I do have my limits of what I'll accept.

Trump should have plenty of time to tweet, heck Obama's first job was golfing. :roll:

Classic.

Anyway; even if he has time to tweet doing what's effectively a 20-hour a day, 7 day a week job it's doubtful the Secret Service will let him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:29 am

twitter might present some national security worries which would crimp his style there.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:30 am

enz wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
b9 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

is "grave" the correct word? maybe more "sober" and "diligent" and concentrating on the task that he imagines must be done.
i think he will just get to work and work hard on running america like he runs his corporations.
i am not sure he has the intelligence to take on such a task, but surely no one else does.

the ""gravity" comes from one of his speeches about the problems besetting us, and one of his lines, "America is gonna have to get a lot tougher."

Are you a guy? Have you ever seen two alpha males in one place? They have to test each other before they respect each other. That's what countries are like - because they are ran by men. Hillary was equal to a man in my book, but not an original so she didn't know how to play the game right. She was more like a bully - taunting and blaming people for stuff they didn't do. You have to show some authority and some respect - it's a fine line. You blame another country for something like she did, you better be ready for war. I don't think Hillary had what it takes.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:32 am

even to a madman, the thought of nuclear responses must be repulsive.
it is only the threat of mutual destruction that has kept the world safe over these 40 years or so.

it is very smart to say "i have a comprehensively unavoidable way of obliterating all your cities with very large hydrogen bombs delivered my missile, and so any antagonism you feel obliged to concert against us should be contained within the boundaries of our displeasure and desire to press the trigger".

so it is very smart to also say from the russian side, "the minute we detect anything coming from you, prepare for hell"
both sides swallow their spittle and go quiet.
like that is the balance that stops nuclear war. both sides have the capacity to annihilate each other at the press of a button.

Last edited by b9 on 12 Nov 2016, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:33 am

I believe the movie "dr. Strangelove" was probably prescient in its depiction of a Russian doomsday weapon.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:37 am

He s been reigned in before before reverting to form. There was a 5 week period after the conventions where was he was a relatively conventional campaigner.

I would be shocked if the Trump we have seen over the last few days lasts.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:39 am

^^^^^^^^this all is already scary enough. 8O

enz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:40 am

nurseangela wrote:
enz wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
b9 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Are you a guy? Have you ever seen two alpha males in one place? They have to test each other before they respect each other. That's what countries are like - because they are ran by men. Hillary was equal to a man in my book, but not an original so she didn't know how to play the game right. She was more like a bully - taunting and blaming people for stuff they didn't do. You have to show some authority and some respect - it's a fine line. You blame another country for something like she did, you better be ready for war. I don't think Hillary had what it takes.

I don't notice that but that makes sense

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:47 am

nurseangela wrote:

Yeah, that's not even kind of how international relations work. It's a great approach if you want to start World War III though.

b9 wrote:
it is only the threat of mutual destruction that has kept the world safe over these 40 years or so.

it is very smart to say "i have a comprehensively unavoidable way of obliterating all your cities with very large hydrogen bombs delivered my missile, and so any antagonism you feel obliged to concert against us should be contained within the boundaries of our displeasure and desire to press the trigger".

so it is very smart to also say from the russian side, "the minute we detect anything coming from you, prepare for hell"
like that is the balance that stops nuclear war. both sides have the capacity to annihilate each other at the press of a button.

Did you hear him talking about preemptively using nuclear weapons, or using them for means other than deterrence? Because that happened. When I said this was unprecedented I really meant it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:52 am

^^^^that is even more frightening. 8O

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:02 am

AJisHere wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Yeah, that's not even kind of how international relations work. It's a great approach if you want to start World War III though.

b9 wrote:

Did you hear him talking about preemptively using nuclear weapons, or using them for means other than deterrence? Because that happened. When I said this was unprecedented I really meant it.

Dude, you must be on another planet. Hillary is the one that was going to cause us to go to war after she pulled her little election crap. I don't get you at all. Trump is supposed to visit Russia before getting into office. At least it's talking. Hillary had Putin getting the bunkers ready and the gas masks out. She made Putin out to be a fool. No respectable leader is going to tolerate that.

Darn, I flunked.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:06 am

Trump said it, with his own words. Are you calling him a liar?