Stuff from an AS article on wikipedia

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Serendipper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 May 2007, 1:04 am

Grimbling wrote:
Now though, I'm kind of glad I didn't find out until I was an adult - I think I've aimed higher than I would have otherwise.

50/50 for me...self-delusion is a powerful motivator, but the truth builds effective coping skills. I wouldn't prosper without a healthy dose of both fantasy and reality.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 9:12 am

Except for the relationship and marriage aspect, this describes me well. I think I had far more AS traits in my childhood than I do now. I still have strong interests, but I don't talk about them all the time, except on the Internet. I consider myself one of the fortunate ones, because I had a good family, pets, and strong interests that helped me do well at school and on the job.

12 May 2007, 1:23 pm

Sounds like me too. I have learned to cope in life and I can hold down a job. I hope to get married one day and get a degree in college and succeed in my life. I still feel low functioning.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 1:26 pm

I just am afraid...you know-that I will be alone forever :(

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 3:09 pm

My carrier has cycled many times through highs and lows but at work I have as much success as anyone else. the quotes hold true (except the marriage bit).