Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:21 pm

I seem to attract maladaptive people everywhere I go. I constantly find myself in awkward situations being taken advantage of and doing things for people. It usually goes something like this: I walk in somewhere without knowing anyone, I get a nasty stare from some random guy who analyzes everything I do. Eventually I start receiving insults from him, one after another. He attacks my appearance, movements, talk style, all kinds of stuff. Everywhere I go. It is extremely annoying and I feel inferior to everyone as I am always picked out of a huge crowd with these people not knowing anything about me!

One theory I have is that in the Neurotypical/Sociopathic world there are very small body micro movements that convey whole conversations (at least I assume), so because ASD lack these micro movements we come across as manipulatable or insecure? I'm not sure, just a thought.

Any help or anything to clear this up is helpful, thanks.

Hector Scorn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2016, 5:59 am

Interesting post. People have definitely used me in the past but I've become a lot more cynical and wary of people's motives recently.

I've heard that victims of child sexual abuse are vulnerable to sexual abuse as adults. The abusers must see something that makes their victims easy prey.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:04 am

mee too. :nerdy: submissive body language and incongruities between body language and speech, seem to be my bugaboo. the uncanny valley is a tough place to live.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2016, 7:56 am

Hypothesis: Yeah some people have way too much testosterone, that or they're just haters. So if you come across as a beta male then they might just try to dominate you. Sometimes you really see the animal in people. Do you look or dress in an eye-catching way?

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

The submissive body language must be the key, I agree strongly. I have done a lot of walking for many years and especially lately I have found that even some dogs will bully me. They don't just bark at me from the porch but will actually come out into the street and follow me a good ways. Disobeying my commands of "NO!" and "GO HOME!"

When I was in elementary and high school, it was so frequent I would actually check to see if someone had slapped a sign on my back saying "Hit me" or "Pick on me".

What perplexed me tho, once I graduated and went away to university, there was absolutely no bulling. As I have learned since tho, I was simply in with a different crowd. Probably most of the other students were bullied like me.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm

dogs generally hate me also. I see bullies as human dogs.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
mee too. :nerdy: submissive body language and incongruities between body language and speech, seem to be my bugaboo. the uncanny valley is a tough place to live.

I think that's a similar thing to me, I am submissive as a whole, and so I tend to attract more dominating types. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 8:20 pm

^^^we need our own planet. :idea:

LanguageMeterScholar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2016, 8:44 pm

Really interesting OP, I totally believe there are instinctual rules that normal people live by. It's in people's speech and body language. A lack of fluency in these rules makes you fodder for what I call
"hypertypicals" people who are fluent in the rules and ins and outs of persuasive conversation. This topic has come up in the forum many times and it's always interesting, there really ought to be a book written about it.

I am a language teacher and amateur language scientist, I want to create a theory of language that can benefit autism spectrum persons as well as those with other neurological conditions. Communication with the NT world can be difficult, and I would love to hear what problems you have had trying to deal with such problems. If you want to talk about it please contact me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 9:01 pm

hypertypicals=bullies?

LanguageMeterScholar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2016, 9:38 pm

I guess you can call them bullies, to me they are people who are endowed with faculties to which autistic people are under endowed. Thus I would say "hyper-endowed" with the knowledge of the "known-quantities' that neurotypicals use to communicate amongst each other. But they have no love of the truth and their communication too easily turns to manipulation often resulting in a tail wags the dog situation. Currently we call such people sociopaths, but I think having a broader term would be better my father was or is a hyper-typical but he's not a sociopath.

I am a language teacher and amateur language scientist, I want to create a theory of language that can benefit autism spectrum persons as well as those with other neurological conditions. Communication with the NT world can be difficult, and I would love to hear what problems you have had trying to deal with such problems. If you want to talk about it please contact me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm

mebbe malignant narcissist is more apt?

LanguageMeterScholar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm

We live in a highly competitive world "Malignant narcissism" may well be more common than you think. I believe there is something very human about the above described behavior, thus hyper-typical very- human.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 10:06 pm

something very sad about that also which makes me doubt the continued viability of the human race.

LanguageMeterScholar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2016, 10:26 pm

I'm sorry to make you depressed. It wasn't my intention. I'm just really interested in science explaining autism and mental illness. I want an explanation and I'm not satisfied by the answers in the literature.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm

LanguageMeterScholar wrote:
I'm sorry to make you depressed. It wasn't my intention. I'm just really interested in science explaining autism and mental illness. I want an explanation and I'm not satisfied by the answers in the literature.

you did not depress me, my friend :flower: there are always greater answers.