Reality check! Illegal laborers - a practical approach.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 2:27 pm

Another part of reality, Republicans, in order to pacify constituents, choose to ignore is the fact a percentage of illegal immigrants work in jobs very few Americans do, mostly in agriculture and food production, sometimes in hospitality. What does the Trump team propose to do with these workers who are vital to their industries? Wouldn't it be better to say these workers earned a legal status through work and grant it. That gives the message come to the US, work a job no one else wants, pay your dues and eventually you gain status instead of waiting for them to flood the boarder then deport them. That way those who want to stay will know this is one way to go about it. I don't necessarily like it but it's better than nothing.
Why can't constituency approve of this practical approach?

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 3:12 pm

I'm not a fan of putting economic interests over ethical interests.

I don't think all the illegal immigrants should be "round up" and sent away, but Trump scored a lot of votes by saying it. It's hard to recognize the fairness of just letting anyone who breaks the law be rewarded for it (either the law is wrong or we should just let anyone come here as they wish legally). This was always the huge elephant in the room that nobody wanted to talk about.

Personally I think we should make it easier for immigrants to come in legally. This way less will do it illegally (for economic reasons, we may want them here anyway as you point out).

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 5:47 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Another part of reality, Republicans, in order to pacify constituents, choose to ignore is the fact a percentage of illegal immigrants work in jobs very few Americans do, mostly in agriculture and food production, sometimes in hospitality.

That's the point though.

Once they boot out millions of "illegals", then these jobs will pay more.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:25 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Another part of reality, Republicans, in order to pacify constituents, choose to ignore is the fact a percentage of illegal immigrants work in jobs very few Americans do, mostly in agriculture and food production, sometimes in hospitality.

That's the point though.

Once they boot out millions of "illegals", then these jobs will pay more.

For one thing it will drive up costs so your food will cost more and for another, these jobs are either out in the heat or elements with stickers or in stinky barns with livestock and tons of animal poo. For one thing you have to be physically able to work in those conditions and for another why would you when you can earn a degree or certificate and work in air conditioning with less physical demand? I live in an agricultural state where a lot of Mexicans do this kind of work and the bosses will tell you Americans are unfit for this.
It's not an oversight if these people are deported there will be a labor shortage. This is the reality we are dealing in. No one will be there to harvest your food. So everyone needs to think about real life and what goes on.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

A few years back an angry Republican state Representative passed a bill here that made it illegal for undocumented workers to be employed and the big ag bosses threw fits so this is old hat in these neck of the woods. Big ag got to keep its workers as everyone reached the conclusion the wheels of the industry would grind to a stop. Eventually that Republican Rep ended up in trouble for corruption. He conspired to create a fake government job to keep his opponent from running for office by hiring her.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Nov 2016, 11:29 pm

Obtaining illegal identification, and keeping it indefinately is an easy thing to do, and it shouldn't be. These people don't belong here, and need to get here legally. What they are doing is widely accepted, unwarranted, and illegal. It is a crime. They are all criminals. There is nothing good, or nice about it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:28 am

yournamehere wrote:
Obtaining illegal identification, and keeping it indefinately is an easy thing to do, and it shouldn't be. These people don't belong here, and need to get here legally. What they are doing is widely accepted, unwarranted, and illegal. It is a crime. They are all criminals. There is nothing good, or nice about it.

So you don't think some of them can ever earn status through years of hard labor huh? I guess you must not live in a state with a lot of agriculture so you don't see that side of the issue. Or, if you do, you don't realize the impacts of labor shortages. It means no one is there to do the work. It doesn't mean Americans will swoop in and do it. Migrant farm work is about the most abysmal work around. If no one does the work the industry fails and it will impact agriculture negatively. Could see food shortages.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

So you don't think some of them can ever earn status through years of hard labor huh? I guess you must not live in a state with a lot of agriculture so you don't see that side of the issue. Or, if you do, you don't realize the impacts of labor shortages. It means no one is there to do the work. It doesn't mean Americans will swoop in and do it. Migrant farm work is about the most abysmal work around. If no one does the work the industry fails and it will impact agriculture negatively. Could see food shortages.

That is an untrue excuse to hire low income illegal aliens. People need food to survive. I think you would be suprised what people can do when they need to eat food in order to live. The jewish community, and farmers emplore, and employ cheap labor for their own benifit. If there is a shortage of people in agriculture, the government would aid in getti g americans to work it. These people are not working to gain legal documentation, or legal citizenship. They are here to find work, and make American money. They are not getting fined, or taxed, for their specific illegal behavior if they are allowed to stay. Most are not getting removed. They create other problems, and issues when they have children born in this country. The parents by law should be deported, and the children become citizens. I don't know the word for it, but it is not right to do that to a child being torn between two countries. The people that employ them are not nearly getting in enough trouble either. Employment of illegal aliens cannot be duplicated, or replicated on a scale model in order to figure out exactly what is needed, and what needs to be done about something. The government has been neglecticting this situation for far too long. It would be easy to figure out who belongs here, and who doesn't. The powers that be do not do anything about it, because there is profit in this illegal behavor. It makes this country poorer because you can just employ cheap illegal labor. It degrades us.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

It's big, corporate, agriculture, not little farms. If Americans wanted to do farm work there are lots of opportunities and it's really easy to find. It's just that it's so physically demanding. Most Americans don't want to work that hard everyday and why should they? Why is it so terrible to let Mexicans work their way in where there is a real labor shortage and they are physically able to do it?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 11:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Another part of reality, Republicans, in order to pacify constituents, choose to ignore is the fact a percentage of illegal immigrants work in jobs very few Americans do, mostly in agriculture and food production, sometimes in hospitality. What does the Trump team propose to do with these workers who are vital to their industries? Wouldn't it be better to say these workers earned a legal status through work and grant it. That gives the message come to the US, work a job no one else wants, pay your dues and eventually you gain status instead of waiting for them to flood the boarder then deport them. That way those who want to stay will know this is one way to go about it. I don't necessarily like it but it's better than nothing.
Why can't constituency approve of this practical approach?

illegal immigrants work in jobs very few Americans do, mostly in agriculture and food production, sometimes in hospitality.

Another person willing to drink the Kool-aid I see.

I've worked in several parts of the country and have yet to find job types not filled by Mexican immigrants. And this especially includes ALL of the construction trades. Opportunities for local youths to get into the construction trades have been all but obliterated by this group of people. This has resulted in many young people, who used to work summers for school money, to take expensive loans for their education which gives the Federal government $53 billion a year in profit on student loans (and allow employers of illegals a cheap ride).

By NOT speeding up legal immigration the American business community can hire these people (NO questioning of fake I.D.s folks) at a huge discount and won't have them asking questions about medical insurance and such. This is the way this has always been. And by insisting on fake discounts on your Big Mac you help keep the unemployment rate sky high (talk about selfish people) and these Mexican people terribly underpaid....our new, permanent, underclass.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm

^ Illegals did my driveway ... most companies bid $4000 .. illegals did it for $1500.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 12:44 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
^ Illegals did my driveway ... most companies bid $4000 .. illegals did it for $1500.

Hard to resist, huh? I'll feel bad about myself for saying this: ...but I hope your driveway falls apart in less than a year.

You see, illegal contractors also take other shortcuts to improve business profit...like shoddy materials and shoddy methods by untrained laborers.

Hopefully you can soon post about the way you've been taken, as a warning for others to avoid this terrible scam. :D

Thanks.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 1:58 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Im going to guess and say no removal, no aggregate underlayment, 3 inches of asphault, and no guarantee. Probably no heavy duty compactor either. It's probably good enough. Most contractors go overkill. The reason they are here, is because people put them to work. Did I mention that it's illegal?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:01 pm

yournamehere wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Im going to guess and say no removal, no aggregate underlayment, 3 inches of asphault, and no guarantee. Probably no heavy duty compactor either. It's probably good enough. Most contractors go overkill. The reason they are here, is because people put them to work. Did I mention that it's illegal?

It doesn't work like that.

A licensed contractor comes out to your home, makes a bid -- so low that you can't believe it- -- and on the day of the work, 15 short, Spanish speaking brown guys show up to do the job.

I got mesh concrete, which was the "good stuff" at the time.

It's a fallacy to think brown people do poorer work than white people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:20 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

It doesn't work like that.

A licensed contractor comes out to your home, makes a bid -- so low that you can't believe it- -- and on the day of the work, 15 short, Spanish speaking brown guys show up to do the job.

I got mesh concrete, which was the "good stuff" at the time.

It's a fallacy to think brown people do poorer work than white people.

I believe they're talking about the price, something half the price is usually never ass good. Yeah some stuff is over priced and there's usually something cheaper just as good, but it's not usually half the price.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It's big, corporate, agriculture, not little farms. If Americans wanted to do farm work there are lots of opportunities and it's really easy to find. It's just that it's so physically demanding. Most Americans don't want to work that hard everyday and why should they? Why is it so terrible to let Mexicans work their way in where there is a real labor shortage and they are physically able to do it?

Um yeah those jobs are taken cause Americans won't work illegally for crap pay and no benifits for hard labor.
Boot all the illegals out and make the companies pay mine wage with pay increases and benefits and plenty of Americans will work it. But that won't happen if you leave it up to the companies.
It's a crime to be here illegally drive illegally, work illegally etc

I've always found it annoying how you liberals want to make guns illegally but turn a blind eye to illegals breaking the law every freaking day, heck up in Portland they support them breaking the law. Yet gun laws will stop bad peoples lol. I dont know what freaked up crazy world liberals live but they crazy for believing in it. Gun owners obey and support all laws, we don't pick and choose which ones to obey even ones we dislike until they get super bad like registration.