Trump names white nationalist to top White House position

Page 8 of 9 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,777
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 4:58 am

Is there really any slandering someone who already went low enough to run a segregationist NEWS site? Also it's plainly apparent I didn't quote you at all. He conflated "Black Lives Matter" with the perceptual effects of crack cocaine.

You cannot be serious.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,777
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 5:06 am

Dox47 wrote:
cberg wrote:
I asked you if you're saying my knowledge of decentralized IP routing qualifies me as a muckracker. You're perfectly welcome to look up vocabulary & jargon instead of ignoring posts completely.


Relevance?


You said Breitbart started with Bannon & his ilk blackmailing Hillary with iffy accusations composed from deep web sources.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,880
Location: Queens, NYC

26 Nov 2016, 8:00 am

We're certainly going to need a hypervigilant Congress to hold off the potential excesses of the Executive Branch.



redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,642
Location: Seattle, WA

26 Nov 2016, 12:21 pm

Bannon.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it must be a racist motherf*cker.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,970
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

26 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Bannon.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it must be a racist motherf*cker.


Hmm..... :chin:
I got a TOS a few days ago for writing a "provocative" post not too unlike this.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,426
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

26 Nov 2016, 5:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


Having actually read the site a bit, I think it's reputation is exaggerated, but even if I took your view at face-value, all it would prove is that Bannon is willing to do or use whatever or whoever he thinks is necessary to pursue his agenda, which is likely very different than you think. Bloomber did a pretty in depth profile of him a while back, you should read it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/grap ... ve-bannon/

Here's a transcript of a speech he gave at the Vatican:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... ire-world/

This guy wants to put bankers in jail and usher in a new era of capitalism that benefits the masses rather than the few; real Darth Vader stuff, huh? Like I said though, the guy is weird, read the articles and you'll see.


I'm sure Bannon isn't the one dimensional, Victorian era stage villain, twirling his mustache. That said, both the fascists and Nazis had talked about siding with working people in order to make capitalism work. Then Hitler went and broke the German unions, a blow from which the German working class never recovered from till the end of the Nazi era. An no, I'm not saying that Bannon or his master are Hitler or Nazis; I'm saying that if people say something good along something disgusting, you can be pretty sure what is the real intention falls into the disgusting category. And seriously, a guy who had worked for Goldman-Sachs is going to suddenly be a champion against Wall Street? Especially since Trump himself has an abysmal record when it comes to treating his workers and small contractors particularly well.
And before you say it, I will: yes, Clinton had been way too cozy with Wall Street, and Obama had no business hiring on former Goldman-Sachs douche bags. The only way to have gotten those vampires' claws free from the White House is if Bernie Sanders had been elected President, or if Elizabeth Warren runs - and wins - four years from now.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,777
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 9:03 pm

Let's recap:
-Characterizes African Americans as an inherently implosive powder keg.
-Goldman Sachs; enough said there.
-Purports opposition to 'big media' atop banner ads for Breitbart merchandise & below FB/Twitter buttons.
-Advocates against freedom of religion.

If this guy gets sworn into any executive position as upholding the constitution he'll be lying with his hand on a bible. I'm not gonna typecast the guy because he's obviously too subversive for that to possibly matter but I'm also definitely not going to recognize any public service he might render in this country.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

27 Nov 2016, 4:02 am

cberg wrote:
Is there really any slandering someone who already went low enough to run a segregationist NEWS site?


It's clear that you've never actually read Breitbart, so I should probably treat your opinion the way I treat all the other ignorant claims made here, and your failure to understand the nature of slander only confirms that impression. You could slander Hitler and you'd still be a slanderer, the fact that you're maligning a scoundrel doesn't make your hands clean.

cberg wrote:
Also it's plainly apparent I didn't quote you at all.


You misconstrued what I said, close enough for those of us who aren't tiresomely pedantic.

cberg wrote:
He conflated "Black Lives Matter" with the perceptual effects of crack cocaine.


And?

cberg wrote:
You cannot be serious.


Why not? I clearly know a lot more about this than you do, which kinda makes me more serious by default.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

27 Nov 2016, 4:05 am

Raptor wrote:
Hmm..... :chin:
I got a TOS a few days ago for writing a "provocative" post not too unlike this.


Well, you know we have those special rules just for us that don't apply to the decent members...

I'm sure I don't need to point out some of the missing voices of the last few weeks, and the at least as obnoxious ones who are still here.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

27 Nov 2016, 4:08 am

cberg wrote:
You said Breitbart started with Bannon & his ilk blackmailing Hillary with iffy accusations composed from deep web sources.


Well, you've certainly got the muckraker's knack of spinning bullshit, as I said nothing of blackmail or what specific sources were used. Journalism of any kind really does require better reading comprehension and critical thinking skills, however, so I wouldn't go quitting your day job anytime soon.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

27 Nov 2016, 4:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
An no, I'm not saying that Bannon or his master are Hitler or Nazis; I'm saying that if people say something good along something disgusting, you can be pretty sure what is the real intention falls into the disgusting category. And seriously, a guy who had worked for Goldman-Sachs is going to suddenly be a champion against Wall Street?


If you'd read the articles, you'd know that Bannon is horrified at what's happened to Wall Street since he worked there in the 80s, and that much of his outrage comes from having had an insider's view of exactly what was happening. I'm also not sure where you're getting this "when a figure is conflicted, always go with the bad" school of thought; by that metric, quite a few of your own heroes would be incredibly harshly judged by their worst moments and impulses compared to their best. Aren't you the guy who constantly talks up Lincoln's tactical embrace of slavery in pursuit of the greater good?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,426
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

27 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
An no, I'm not saying that Bannon or his master are Hitler or Nazis; I'm saying that if people say something good along something disgusting, you can be pretty sure what is the real intention falls into the disgusting category. And seriously, a guy who had worked for Goldman-Sachs is going to suddenly be a champion against Wall Street?


If you'd read the articles, you'd know that Bannon is horrified at what's happened to Wall Street since he worked there in the 80s, and that much of his outrage comes from having had an insider's view of exactly what was happening. I'm also not sure where you're getting this "when a figure is conflicted, always go with the bad" school of thought; by that metric, quite a few of your own heroes would be incredibly harshly judged by their worst moments and impulses compared to their best. Aren't you the guy who constantly talks up Lincoln's tactical embrace of slavery in pursuit of the greater good?


Yes, I have defended Lincoln on that matter. The difference is, Lincoln had had a long term goal while already in the White House when trying to end slavery while hiding behind the bigotry of the day, whereas Bannon took those deplorable positions before he or anyone ever thought he'd have a President's ear. Or in other words, Bannon had no reason to hide his real views. On the contrary, he felt free to vomit forth his sh*t, and the sh*t of other hate mongers.
And yes, Bannon is upset over what Wall Street has become. And the Nazis understood smoking can cause cancer. A broken clock is right twice a day.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

27 Nov 2016, 11:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The difference is, Lincoln had had a long term goal while already in the White House when trying to end slavery while hiding behind the bigotry of the day, whereas Bannon took those deplorable positions before he or anyone ever thought he'd have a President's ear.


What deplorable positions? Bannon personally, not just randos commenting on Breitbart.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,426
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

27 Nov 2016, 11:39 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The difference is, Lincoln had had a long term goal while already in the White House when trying to end slavery while hiding behind the bigotry of the day, whereas Bannon took those deplorable positions before he or anyone ever thought he'd have a President's ear.


What deplorable positions? Bannon personally, not just randos commenting on Breitbart.


Under Bannon, Breitbart began publishing an all black crime section. He published derogatory statements about women and women on birth control. Breitbart under him has demonized Muslim Americans. Etc, etc, etc. Even if he doesn't write everything on Breitbart, the fact that as editor he allows such deplorable thing to be written speaks volumes about his own beliefs and ideals.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

28 Nov 2016, 12:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Under Bannon, Breitbart began publishing an all black crime section. He published derogatory statements about women and women on birth control. Breitbart under him has demonized Muslim Americans. Etc, etc, etc. Even if he doesn't write everything on Breitbart, the fact that as editor he allows such deplorable thing to be written speaks volumes about his own beliefs and ideals.


So, still just guilt by association then.

Do you think Alex endorses everything that he "allows" to be written on WP, just out of curiosity?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit