Trump names white nationalist to top White House position

Page 7 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

25 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm

Way to ambguously qualify Bannon's BS ^. Are you saying my de-facto (boilerplate) knowledge of how to copypasta (copy & paste) dubious nonsense from backwoods, unsubstantiated sources means I should quit I.T. & go work on capitol hill?


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Last edited by cberg on 26 Nov 2016, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

26 Nov 2016, 12:06 am

cberg wrote:
Way to ambguously qualify his BS ^. Are you saying my de-facto knowledge of how to copypasta dubious nonsense from backwoods unsubstantiated sources means I should quit I.T. & go work on cap hill?


What does this even mean?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,623
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

26 Nov 2016, 1:37 am

Dox47 wrote:
Bannon, like Trump, isn't so much racist as he is weird, a former Wall Street guy who made his money off Seinfeld re-runs who ran a pirate crew political operation out of the basement of his Lincoln period DC townhouse mining the deep web for dirt on Hillary and Jeb, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't know what he is exactly, but "white nationalist" seems far too simple.


If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 2:00 am

Dox47 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Way to ambguously qualify his BS ^. Are you saying my de-facto knowledge of how to copypasta dubious nonsense from backwoods unsubstantiated sources means I should quit I.T. & go work on cap hill?


What does this even mean?


I asked you if you're saying my knowledge of decentralized IP routing qualifies me as a muckracker. You're perfectly welcome to look up vocabulary & jargon instead of ignoring posts completely.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 2:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Bannon, like Trump, isn't so much racist as he is [i]weird[í], a former Wall Street guy who made his money off [i]Seinfeld[í] re-runs who ran a pirate crew political operation out of the basement of his Lincoln period DC townhouse mining the deep web for dirt on Hillary [i]and[í] Jeb, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't know what he is exactly, but "white nationalist" seems far too simple.


If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


I mean, if you count militant Zionism & lynch mobs as garden variety weird like Dox was seeking to...


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,623
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

26 Nov 2016, 2:24 am

cberg wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Bannon, like Trump, isn't so much racist as he is [i]weird[í], a former Wall Street guy who made his money off [i]Seinfeld[í] re-runs who ran a pirate crew political operation out of the basement of his Lincoln period DC townhouse mining the deep web for dirt on Hillary [i]and[í] Jeb, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't know what he is exactly, but "white nationalist" seems far too simple.


If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


I mean, if you count militant Zionism & lynch mobs as garden variety weird like Dox was seeking to...


If you mean "garden variety weird" like me, obviously Bannon and company would be harmless, but I think we all know he and his friends aren't so harmless.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

26 Nov 2016, 4:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


Having actually read the site a bit, I think it's reputation is exaggerated, but even if I took your view at face-value, all it would prove is that Bannon is willing to do or use whatever or whoever he thinks is necessary to pursue his agenda, which is likely very different than you think. Bloomber did a pretty in depth profile of him a while back, you should read it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/grap ... ve-bannon/

Here's a transcript of a speech he gave at the Vatican:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... ire-world/

This guy wants to put bankers in jail and usher in a new era of capitalism that benefits the masses rather than the few; real Darth Vader stuff, huh? Like I said though, the guy is weird, read the articles and you'll see.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

26 Nov 2016, 4:29 am

cberg wrote:
I asked you if you're saying my knowledge of decentralized IP routing qualifies me as a muckracker. You're perfectly welcome to look up vocabulary & jargon instead of ignoring posts completely.


Relevance?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

26 Nov 2016, 4:30 am

cberg wrote:
I mean, if you count militant Zionism & lynch mobs as garden variety weird like Dox was seeking to...


Wow, you managed to misquote me and slander Bannon in a single sentence, almost impressive.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 4:58 am

Is there really any slandering someone who already went low enough to run a segregationist NEWS site? Also it's plainly apparent I didn't quote you at all. He conflated "Black Lives Matter" with the perceptual effects of crack cocaine.

You cannot be serious.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 5:06 am

Dox47 wrote:
cberg wrote:
I asked you if you're saying my knowledge of decentralized IP routing qualifies me as a muckracker. You're perfectly welcome to look up vocabulary & jargon instead of ignoring posts completely.


Relevance?


You said Breitbart started with Bannon & his ilk blackmailing Hillary with iffy accusations composed from deep web sources.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,186
Location: Queens, NYC

26 Nov 2016, 8:00 am

We're certainly going to need a hypervigilant Congress to hold off the potential excesses of the Executive Branch.



redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,009
Location: Seattle, WA

26 Nov 2016, 12:21 pm

Bannon.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it must be a racist motherf*cker.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

26 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Bannon.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it must be a racist motherf*cker.


Hmm..... :chin:
I got a TOS a few days ago for writing a "provocative" post not too unlike this.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,623
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

26 Nov 2016, 5:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If Bannon is just a weird guy, why would he make Breitbart a focal point of the alt right, playing up to racial hatred with an "all black crime section," and talk about banning all Muslims (immigrants and native born)?


Having actually read the site a bit, I think it's reputation is exaggerated, but even if I took your view at face-value, all it would prove is that Bannon is willing to do or use whatever or whoever he thinks is necessary to pursue his agenda, which is likely very different than you think. Bloomber did a pretty in depth profile of him a while back, you should read it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/grap ... ve-bannon/

Here's a transcript of a speech he gave at the Vatican:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... ire-world/

This guy wants to put bankers in jail and usher in a new era of capitalism that benefits the masses rather than the few; real Darth Vader stuff, huh? Like I said though, the guy is weird, read the articles and you'll see.


I'm sure Bannon isn't the one dimensional, Victorian era stage villain, twirling his mustache. That said, both the fascists and Nazis had talked about siding with working people in order to make capitalism work. Then Hitler went and broke the German unions, a blow from which the German working class never recovered from till the end of the Nazi era. An no, I'm not saying that Bannon or his master are Hitler or Nazis; I'm saying that if people say something good along something disgusting, you can be pretty sure what is the real intention falls into the disgusting category. And seriously, a guy who had worked for Goldman-Sachs is going to suddenly be a champion against Wall Street? Especially since Trump himself has an abysmal record when it comes to treating his workers and small contractors particularly well.
And before you say it, I will: yes, Clinton had been way too cozy with Wall Street, and Obama had no business hiring on former Goldman-Sachs douche bags. The only way to have gotten those vampires' claws free from the White House is if Bernie Sanders had been elected President, or if Elizabeth Warren runs - and wins - four years from now.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,321
Location: Boulder CO

26 Nov 2016, 9:03 pm

Let's recap:
-Characterizes African Americans as an inherently implosive powder keg.
-Goldman Sachs; enough said there.
-Purports opposition to 'big media' atop banner ads for Breitbart merchandise & below FB/Twitter buttons.
-Advocates against freedom of religion.

If this guy gets sworn into any executive position as upholding the constitution he'll be lying with his hand on a bible. I'm not gonna typecast the guy because he's obviously too subversive for that to possibly matter but I'm also definitely not going to recognize any public service he might render in this country.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen: