Why are the progressives and left of the US so aggressive?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 6:41 pm

I guess Hillary will do horrible things if she was in the white house instead of Trump. The thought of electors casting a vote for Hillary rather than Trump on Dec. 19 makes my stomach twist. Clinton will be a guaranteed doomsday for the US if she gets in instead. Why can't the other side deal with it and stop being so massively aggressive.

My parents say "Make the electoral college vote Clinton? I call BS", but I don't know if they are underestimating the protests against the president-elect or not.

Until Dec. 19 when the electors cast their votes, I'm going to literally be sick for a while. I see Hillary as a way more evil than Trump. Ugh...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm

I don't like Trump

But I wouldn't worry about it. It's a .00001% or so chance that Hillary will reach the 270 Electoral votes necessary to win on December 19th.

Trump is President. We have to deal with that.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm

They think they're right, and that justifies whatever means they use to enforce their beliefs. It's like the people that blow up abortion clinics; if you truly believe that they're murdering children in there, it's not just okay to kill to stop it, it's a moral imperative. I'm not saying the progressives are there yet, but they're on the same road.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm

The world is in great peril when the liberal progressives set out to do Good. When that happens be afraid, be very afraid.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Nov 2016, 7:14 pm

They are fanatics like the religious right, not only they right but they are morally superior in their own eyes so you can't disagree with them with being cast out to the void and ostracized.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:18 pm

It is a fraction who are aggressive, I would certainly be more progressive/left leaning but I certainly don't support violence as a response to the election results....regardless of what side it comes from.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:41 pm

I have no problem with a lot of pregressive ideas, and think that some are goof, but when government gets ahold of a good idea, it turns into a bad thing that is punished punitively. Conversely, when it comes to money, I've seen that many so-called 'progressives' have no problem spending lots of money that is not theirs, but are total skinflints when it comes to spending their own earnings.

That being said, I thing that the violent ones are for the most part spoiled brats who cannot accept disagreement and throw what amounts to a temper tantrum when they do not get their way to forcibly deny other people good things in revenge for not being allowed to have their way.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 2:52 am

K_Kelly wrote:
I guess Hillary will do horrible things if she was in the white house instead of Trump. The thought of electors casting a vote for Hillary rather than Trump on Dec. 19 makes my stomach twist. Clinton will be a guaranteed doomsday for the US if she gets in instead. Why can't the other side deal with it and stop being so massively aggressive.

Because they believe that Trump would be a guaranteed doomsday for the US if he gets in? A lot of people's stomachs are twisting at the prospect of a Trump victory.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

I don't think a cold analysis supports the idea that Clinton would be a worse President than Trump.

However, the results of Clinton winning the electoral college election would be worse than Trump winning, at least in the short term. I imagine after a few months having a good president would cancel out the increased unrest, and then in 2020 a Trump-like figure would win a landslide because people would see the system actually being rigged.

I imagine Clinton would ask her VP to resign, appoint Trump as the new VP, and then resign herself. I don't think she'd accept being elected by faithless electors, and nor should she.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2016, 9:25 am

Same reason the Conservatives and Right of the US are: thwarted right-to-rule.

Since progressives and the left are the ones who got thwarted this time around, they are the ones showing the aggression.

Neither side seems to get that the basic underlying virtue of a democracy is accepting the result. Not looking for some technicality to try and change it. Like birth certificates. Or suddenly deciding the Electoral College is invalid.

Doesn't matter which side you're on, in a democracy you should expect to lose about half the time — more often if you support a fringe or minor party. Learn to accept it with good grace.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

Because they believe that Trump would be a guaranteed doomsday for the US if he gets in? A lot of people's stomachs are twisting at the prospect of a Trump victory.

"Trump is making kids afraid

so what do they do?

*burns buildings, smashes car windows, throw bricks, fight riot police, threaten assassination *

these people are idiots

Trump supporters would not be rioting as they are contributors to society and in general better people, these are paid agitators and people that didn't even vote

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

Trump is the one who brought up these bad ideas in the first place.
Karma is a b***h.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
They think they're right, and that justifies whatever means they use to enforce their beliefs. It's like the people that blow up abortion clinics; if you truly believe that they're murdering children in there, it's not just okay to kill to stop it, it's a moral imperative. I'm not saying the progressives are there yet, but they're on the same road.

"Zealotry" would have sufficed.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:17 am

I believe the word for these people are DOMESTIC TERRORISTS

How dare you people try to cast that label on others for participating in the democratic process while you excuse literal anarchists and violence. The puppet masters of unrest should be held accountable, it is treachery of the highest order and it is the duty of all Americans to oppose those that attack our republic. This is confirming everything that was ever said about the left in this country, the more militant they become the more severe the backlash will be.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

I'm not a Trump supporter, but it would be a terrible thing if the electors override the democratic process and appoint Clinton president. I can't even imagine the level of civil unrest that would result.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:25 am

Can't un-think the ideas that Trump suggested if he lost.