Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm

(Being screened for aspergers)
Recently, I'm undergoing a lot of stress with CHANGE (v.stressful for me) and losing a friend (death). However, I've never been fond of crowds (I'd start shouting and crying). However recently i've become very much more sensitive (sensory sensitivity diagnosed) and if I hear something loud or something I don't like I'll cry and shudder with my hands over my ears. Another thing is being touched. An incident was today at college when someone I knew bumped into me and I pushed her into the wall and started flapping then put my hands behind my head and ran into a corner and they laughed. It's not very nice, is anyone else like this? In a way I want to know if I have any autistic/asperger traits and if so this may just be the answer to all my difficulties (theres more than this!) Sometimes I just randomly twitch, in bed or relaxing I'll just jump, or if in a stressful situation I clench my fists or my whole body twitches it's so awkward! :(

Tellus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2016, 1:19 pm

This happens to me too. It used to be weekly/daily, now I don't notice it anymore so I really don't know how often. For me it mostly happens in public and I think that for me it's a reaction to sensory stimuli. When I stress I stim, which is different, but one could interpret it as twitching? I think twitching is normal for us though. I got asked if I twitched when they were testing me so ... yeah :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm

What you described are autistic traits. They can occur with other conditions also.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2016, 1:24 pm

Oh ok...I mean it's really bad at the moment, but I think it's because I'm stressed although I'm trying to hide it from my mum (I hide everything - maybe why I'm only just being screened now) I just want to have an answer really.