Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Duffy Waddon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

I have high functioning autisum, however I am gender non confirming and like to wear skirts although I was born a man. I am thinking a bout going on a road trip but I have heard that texas has no anti discrimination laws, meaning that they can kick me out of every place and will die from starvation during my road trip. However my mom has an idea. One symptom of autisum is not conforming with stareotypes and social norms. I have also heard that stuborness is also a symptim of autisum. Can being kicking out of a store,resturant,hotel,ext. for wearing a skirts be done with the Americans With Disabilities on the acount that since it is part of my disability and is discrimination on the basis of disability and to make my reasonable acomadations being allowed to wear skirts. Also part of my autisum is needing to have my physical needs met right away, so this might also help in the case. Do you think the judges will agree or will I die from hunger. Note: we might be traveling through texas. Also say if you are a lawyer

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2016, 2:34 am

You do know there are man skirts and utilikilts (kilts with cargo pockets)? Dudes and chicks both wear them. When I saw Texas, there were more oddballs than you'd think. I don't think you're going to be kicked out.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 10:35 am

I lived in Texas for 30 years, some of my friends are non-gender-conforming, and I never saw them refused service anywhere for being dressed in a skirt. I don't think you need to drag the ADA into this. If you're really so worried just go to a drive-through to get your food and nobody will even see your skirt.