Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 2:38 am

Study brings undiagnosed adults struggling with autism out of the shadows Researcher explores the experiences of the millions of US adults suffering from ASD so healthcare workers can identify them before they become depressed or harm themselves

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lforanlewis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2016, 2:43 pm

Hello all,
I am the author of the research study featured here. I just want to make this community aware that I did not approve of the title or subtitle of this article, and I have contacted the reporter to request that both of these be changed. He understands and agrees, and the title will soon be changed to: "Study brings undiagnosed adults living with autism out of the shadows: Diagnosis can bring a sense of belonging to adults with autism."
I will repost when I see that the title has been updated.
Thank you!
-Laura Lewis

lforanlewis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2016, 5:26 pm

The new title is posted. The article is available here: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 111716.php

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm

Thank You for all your hard work and understanding.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman