Scientific evidence for humans having Alpha males?

Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 3:33 am

NorthWind wrote:
314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Also I have to warn when I'm talking about a disproportionate ratio in terms or real world it is small. Something like 107:100.

Yeah, just a few percent of a male population that won't be able to find a partner. No big deal.

But like we discussed the ratio evens out after puberty so unless you are dating as a baby there shouldn't be to much of an issue of mismatch ratio. But then that's not including asexuals and homosexuals in which women are more likely to be gay

According to this info (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... bruary2016) it only evens out at 26. Most people start dating before 26.

Won't dating be more difficult for young men than for young women but more difficult for older women than for older men either way simply because there are more women willing to date an older man than her own age than men willing to date women older than themselves and because there are more older men who are into young women than older women who are into young men?

No, because older women become more willing to date younger men - unlike the young women.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 8:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
NorthWind wrote:
314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Also I have to warn when I'm talking about a disproportionate ratio in terms or real world it is small. Something like 107:100.

Yeah, just a few percent of a male population that won't be able to find a partner. No big deal.

But like we discussed the ratio evens out after puberty so unless you are dating as a baby there shouldn't be to much of an issue of mismatch ratio. But then that's not including asexuals and homosexuals in which women are more likely to be gay

According to this info (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... bruary2016) it only evens out at 26. Most people start dating before 26.

Won't dating be more difficult for young men than for young women but more difficult for older women than for older men either way simply because there are more women willing to date an older man than her own age than men willing to date women older than themselves and because there are more older men who are into young women than older women who are into young men?

No, because older women become more willing to date younger men - unlike the young women.

Maybe it's because older women have to cast a wider net? Although, in that case younger men would also be more willing to date older women.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:08 am

314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
But then that's not including asexuals and homosexuals in which women are more likely to be gay

You probably meant less. Otherwise, it would decrease potential dating pool for men even more.

Nope I meant more likelt. Women are more likely to be gay so it does decrease the dating pool

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:45 am

and more likely to be bi too.