Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 7:15 pm

It seems having ASD means lack of privileges to get a job. Looking at many people LinkedIn profiles from my university I am seeing successful people have strong privileges from the society. I don't understand how this works but it seems like they are like charismatic and strongly confident kind of people. I am not saying we aren't confident and that. I have applied 1000s of jobs, holding two academic degrees with a Masters thesis. I have excellent GPA with Dean's Commendation Award for being top 10% student.

Is that mean good privileges? No I highly doubt it because I think privileges are like non disabled people, are white, are socially confident with alcohol and peer pressured. They happened to be get hired so quickly, thus they gain experiences to attract employers to hire them. While us aspies have great analytical, experimental, intelligence and ability to problem solving that employers supposed to desire for. Unfortunately they employ people with social and communication skills on a same level to non aspie or non disabled people. Whose they are become privileged people.

Aspies like myself struggle to learn new skills in workplace, but I did gained some when I worked and volunteered before became unemployed for about a year I find it obvious there is a stigma holding with it. I am not sure what the job market is happening here in Australia. I heard on news there is 19 applicants per job advertisement. Our unemployment rate is 6.4% which is quite high for developed country. But the disability employment participation is lowest in the world which is inhumane.

We need to encourage employers to create diversity in workplace, because we are really smart and like minded people. We don't want a socially dumb people running an organisation or country (it seems this happening already unfortunately).

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2016, 1:45 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
It seems having ASD means lack of privileges to get a job. Looking at many people LinkedIn profiles from my university I am seeing successful people have strong privileges from the society. I don't understand how this works but it seems like they are like charismatic and strongly confident kind of people. I am not saying we aren't confident and that. I have applied 1000s of jobs, holding two academic degrees with a Masters thesis. I have excellent GPA with Dean's Commendation Award for being top 10% student.

Is that mean good privileges? No I highly doubt it because I think privileges are like non disabled people, are white, are socially confident with alcohol and peer pressured. They happened to be get hired so quickly, thus they gain experiences to attract employers to hire them. While us aspies have great analytical, experimental, intelligence and ability to problem solving that employers supposed to desire for. Unfortunately they employ people with social and communication skills on a same level to non aspie or non disabled people. Whose they are become privileged people.

Aspies like myself struggle to learn new skills in workplace, but I did gained some when I worked and volunteered before became unemployed for about a year I find it obvious there is a stigma holding with it. I am not sure what the job market is happening here in Australia. I heard on news there is 19 applicants per job advertisement. Our unemployment rate is 6.4% which is quite high for developed country. But the disability employment participation is lowest in the world which is inhumane.

We need to encourage employers to create diversity in workplace, because we are really smart and like minded people. We don't want a socially dumb people running an organisation or country (it seems this happening already unfortunately).

Blaming your life problems on white males is making an excuse for your failures in life. If you keep blaming other people your not going to go anywhere.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 4:14 am

????

I am white male too. I don't see your point.