Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Theodiskaz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2016, 1:05 pm

Greetings.

Will any here indicate if he or she believes my experience may be understood as supporting a diagnosis of AS?

I feel like an emotional basket case. I usually get angry when someone or something interrupts my train of thought of activity. This anger I have learned to modulate somewhat in it's expression, so I might roll my eyes, or sigh. Or I might become immediately convinced of the fact that the day has just now been utterly, irredeemably ruined. The important thing here is I seem to get totally upset, regardless of how I show it, all the time. I have a theory that frustration and anger build up in my mind more quickly if I don't express it, and my mind is like a battery which when inevitably overcharged predictably explodes.

Does anyone else here have an impression like this?

Thank you in advance

Theodiskaz

S. Dana Johnson

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 7:53 am

Theodiskaz wrote:
Greetings.

Will any here indicate if he or she believes my experience may be understood as supporting a diagnosis of AS?

I feel like an emotional basket case. I usually get angry when someone or something interrupts my train of thought of activity. This anger I have learned to modulate somewhat in it's expression, so I might roll my eyes, or sigh. Or I might become immediately convinced of the fact that the day has just now been utterly, irredeemably ruined. The important thing here is I seem to get totally upset, regardless of how I show it, all the time. I have a theory that frustration and anger build up in my mind more quickly if I don't express it, and my mind is like a battery which when inevitably overcharged predictably explodes.

Does anyone else here have an impression like this?

Thank you in advance

Theodiskaz
You're use of english is quite confusing what does support a asd diangosis mean??. If you mean thinks you have ASD. No, I don't you don't fit many of the main traits.

Last edited by Pieplup on 20 Nov 2016, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 8:07 am

To me it does sound like maybe you should go ahead and take a self test. Here are my top recommendations:

The RAADS-R and the Aspie Quiz.

Some people have trouble interpreting the RAADS-R test. I am neurotypical and a sociologist who studies adults on the autism spectrum. I have my own scores saved as a comparison if you need them. Most people get a clear result on the Aspie Quiz but if you do not I can probably help with that as well.