Page 14 of 16 [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 9:25 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Liberals are the sorts of people who like freedom.

No they don't----it was the Liberals who "invented" PC, so that whenever somebody says "Boo", someone ELSE can accuse them of some kind of "ism", and get special treatment.

It is also the Liberals who want the government on everybody's doorstep to ensure that nobody uses their finger to pick their own nose; but, instead, uses a government-funded tissue.

It's all about CONTROL----and, that's NOT freedom!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 9:32 am

It depends on the liberal.

I'm a person with "liberal leanings" who absolutely ABHORS PC

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 1:23 pm

No, it depends on if you mean liberal or 'liberal'.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 2:14 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Liberals are the sorts of people who like freedom.

No they don't----it was the Liberals who "invented" PC, so that whenever somebody says "Boo", someone ELSE can accuse them of some kind of "ism", and get special treatment.

It is also the Liberals who want the government on everybody's doorstep to ensure that nobody uses their finger to pick their own nose; but, instead, uses a government-funded tissue.

It's all about CONTROL----and, that's NOT freedom!!

I'm liking most your recent posts in the various anti trump threads.

Yep it's about people control and power. Liberals love power. Libertarians are more about freedom, but they take it bit too far with wanting no government or aid programs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm

You don't think conservatives like power, too?

I think many people like power, no matter what their political beliefs are.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Nov 2016, 3:35 pm

Most political labels are purposely misleading and a twisting of their actual meaning, most of the self pro-claimed liberals in this country are actually more authoritarian leaning progressives and social democrats with a heavy dosage of identity politics thrown in. There is nothing particularly liberal about these people and political correctness I think is the very antithesis of liberalism, liberalism in the classical sense means the maximum amount of freedom both in the social and economic sense. Right and left are honestly meaningless lazy terms, the whole point of the dichotomy is mind control and because so many people do not think for themselves it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of conformity as people will try to live up the roles expected of them. Is there only 2 ways of thinking in American politics? Conservative and liberal, right and left? Obviously the answer is no so what purpose is this use of language which we are all guilty of? I believe people need to think for themselves, the should consider their own values and with the perspective of what is personally important to them. Judge others by the merits of what they have said rather than being influenced by personal prejudice, the world as it is does not exist in a vacuum and we can't ignore that but reality and the right now are what is truly important rather than self-destructive rumination about the past. People need to move on and think towards the future as to how it applies to them personally.

I don't really identify with any of these labels, I suppose some would call me right wing or conservative and in some regards I am according to their definitions when it comes to certain issues whereas there other positions & beliefs that would be called libertarian and others yet that might even be seen as far left(Believe it or not I've been called a communist more than a couple times on this website) so I feel like I have developed a fairly synthetic belief system which I have developed over the course of my lifetime. Generalizations are something we're all guilty of but I think we'd mostly all agree that it's best to just try to address argument in front of you rather than the individual(s) themselves, the whole point of this lazy language is to get someone involved to go hey "I identify as X and that's not true therefor what they say has no merit" even when all that bonds them is a meaningless label.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 3:47 pm

The run up in stock prices means that stock traders expect businesses to earn more money.
This may or may not result in more or better jobs. A big expense for businesses is the cost of its employees.
If one can replace workers with automation, that will cut costs and increase profits. Government regulations can also be a major expense--removing them can also result in bigger and better profits for shareholders.

As I see it, in the new economy, post election, it will be better to be a shareholder than a worker. Unless you are one of the lucky few elite workers needed to run the automation.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 4:13 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
I'm sorry to everyone who will be hurt by Trump's rhetoric. When I voted, I was not thinking of my marginalized friends. I was not thinking of the kids in school being beat up, having their property vandalized by Trump supporters. I was not thinking of the riots that my vote would cause, that hurt innocent people and animals. I was only thinking of myself. I was not thinking of my country or my peers. I voted from a place of privilege as a natural-born white Christian, and my vote hurt everyone. I am so, so sorry. I wish there was a way I could make it up to everyone. Just know that I will regret my decision for the rest of my life.

Relax. Some good will come of this. At the very least the Democrats have been told in no uncertain terms they they have lost the trust of a large element of the voting public, in particular the Independent voters. No Republican can win unless the Independents pitch in with the Republicans. This, I hope, will scare the Democrats straight. They have betrayed the workers and the middle class and have been duly chastised in the last election. I hope they learn a valuable lesson from this.

As for the Republicans, I fear they are beyond repair. After Ronny Reagan they lost their wits entirely and have ceased to be a Loyal Opposition to the Democrats. They are now just stupid and obstructionist.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 4:40 pm

I've been called a racist/Zionist/left wing traitor/communist. Some people just need to use labels otherwise they get confused.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 4:55 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
As for the Republicans, I fear they are beyond repair. After Ronny Reagan they lost their wits entirely and have ceased to be a Loyal Opposition to the Democrats. They are now just stupid and obstructionist.

The republican party needs to take a step back and re-evaluate itself, then emerge as an entity that can identify with a 21st century electorate. They need an overhaul of thier image and purpose and these next four years is the time to do that.

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2016, 1:54 pm

So many more regret voting for him because he's reneging his campaign promises and defended Wall Street. You aren't alone. While everyone here is focused on the riots, Trump is making deals that are the exact opposite of what they wanted. He's that charming Devil their mothers warned them about.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 1:55 pm

Dr_Manhattan wrote:
So many more regret voting for him because he's reneging his campaign promises and defended Wall Street. You aren't alone. While everyone here is focused on the riots, Trump is making deals that are the exact opposite of what they wanted. He's that charming Devil their mothers warned them about.

now just watch them turn around and blame the democrats for this.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 2:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dr_Manhattan wrote:

Yep I see it happening. People love to blame the other party and not take responsibility for their party's OWN actions. Trump just keeps lying and lying. I'm still thinking he's going to be impeached 4-6 months into his term.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

Earthbound wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dr_Manhattan wrote:

Yep I see it happening. People love to blame the other party and not take responsibility for their party's OWN actions. Trump just keeps lying and lying. I'm still thinking he's going to be impeached 4-6 months into his term.

the same professor who predicted his electoral landslide also predicts his impeachment within 2 years.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 3:12 pm

I don't think the op regrets their vote, it feel attacked for it and so saying they regret it. Instead of people saying no You's shouldn't feel that, she got dam right your should regret it but we forgive you . Makes me sick.

As for myself, I voted trump and don't regret it and never will. The alternative was the devil and anything but her was the right choice.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 4:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
I don't think the op regrets their vote, it feel attacked for it and so saying they regret it. Instead of people saying no You's shouldn't feel that, she got dam right your should regret it but we forgive you . Makes me sick.

As for myself, I voted trump and don't regret it and never will. The alternative was the devil and anything but her was the right choice.

It is a shame we did not get a chance to vote for Bernie. The thugs at the DNC knee-capped him.

If Bernie had run against Trump, who would you have voted for?