No 49%  49%  [ 34 ]
I hope not 21%  21%  [ 15 ]
I don't know 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 70

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm

He has talked about wanting to kick out Muslims and keep any of them from entering our country but he had backpedaled on that and is now saying he only wants out illegal immigrants. Now he is talking about a Muslim registry and it reminds me of when Jews had to wear a star on their clothes to tell everyone they're Jewish. I am apparently not the only one because one of my online friends feels that way, my mother and if you google search it, you will see link results too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Nov 2016, 7:33 pm

Of course not, there isn't going to be a 'muslim registry' nor is he going to deport Muslims or any of that nonsense. Most of what has been said about Trump has been lies, the MSM is an active propaganda arm of the DNC and Clinton campaign as revealed by wikileaks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 7:42 pm

he seems to me a quasi-corporatist in the mold of Mussolini.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 7:56 pm

Charisma wise, yes

Policy wise, sorta not really. War is bad for business. He's much more in favor of a plutocracy.

So no.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 8:13 pm

He's not that bad. Yet. Who knows what will happen in the future.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Charisma wise, yes

Policy wise, sorta not really. War is bad for business. He's much more in favor of a plutocracy.

So no.

Not the message sent by his cabinet picks.

Honestly, I think the bigger concern though is that he would be more like one of those strongmen that we see in 3rd world countries. Which.... with the power that the US has is REALLY bad.

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 8:32 pm

No, Hillary on the other hand, would have been. Don't be fooled by the cover of a book

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 9:06 pm

Who knows? Most people in 1933 didn't realize Hitler would be Hitler either. He was just a charismatic politician who talked a lot of trash and promised to make Germany great again.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 9:10 pm

2017 is gonna be BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 11:24 pm

A lot of innocent muslims were incarcerated and tortured in Gitmo, the Project For The New American Century think tank (was pre 9/11) was a rancid thing and a lot of the people involved in it went onto serve in Bush Jr's administration, I'd say they possessed a shade of the Hitler odor... BTW remember neocon wet dream Rubio's campaign slogan? I don't know what Trump is gonna do, he has a lot of blunt solutions to complex problems that were caused by dick cheney's schemes, I don't know if he can outdo the evil of that scumbag. I haven't heard him deem muslims as lesser lifeforms or being the cause of america's problems, there is a very real fear behind extremism and he's taking the approach of wrapping it up in cling film until someone thinks of a better solution, he's very practical that's why he has 'politicians' around him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 11:31 pm

this needs to be seen widely, this is a shocking obscenity. :eew:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 1:52 am

Trump is going to be our next President, and there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it till four years from now. That said, I was genuinely hoping the things he said on the campaign trail was hyperbole. He even sounded like he'd bury the hatchet with us making up the loyal opposition by seemingly backing off from jailing Clinton, and with his talk about keeping many aspects of Obamacare around. But then, he goes and reveals his plans to bring white supremacists like Bannon and Sessions into his administration, seems content to start up his Muslim registry, and only half heartedly condemns his alt right supporters who are praising him now with Nazi salutes, making me anxious about my country again.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 2:13 am

So basically trump isnhitler because hitler so wanted to make Germany great again and trump wants to make America great. So anyone who wants their nation to be great is hitler. National pride be dammed we must all strive to be 3rd world trash ridden nations

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 2:21 am

sly279 wrote:
So basically trump isnhitler because hitler so wanted to make Germany great again and trump wants to make America great. So anyone who wants their nation to be great is hitler. National pride be dammed we must all strive to be 3rd world trash ridden nations

It's not about making America great again, but scapegoating marginalized groups such a Latinos and Muslims, with the support of the most vile racists.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 2:22 am

Hitler and accusations of bieng a Nazi are used waaaaaaay too casually. This phenominon blurs how bad Hitler was a how potentially bad the person bieng compared to Hitler is.

Instead of buliding a wall and deportations if Trump begins a deliberate campaign to exterminate Muslim and Mexicans both here and in the countries Trump invades with the goal of conquering the world then there would be a legitimate comparison.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 2:32 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Hitler and accusations of bieng a Nazi are used waaaaaaay too casually. This phenominon blurs how bad Hitler was a how potentially bad the person bieng compared to Hitler is.

Instead of buliding a wall and deportations if Trump begins a deliberate campaign to exterminate Muslim and Mexicans both here and in the countries Trump invades with the goal of conquering the world then there would be a legitimate comparison.

Mussolini is a more direct comparison IMHO.