What if Theresa May trigger Article 50 despite High Court?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 4:34 am

What if Theresa May ignore High Court

Possibility of Brexit in light of the decision of the High court, about the fact that the final decision lies in the hands of the British Parliament?

Does the Madam Prime Minister Theresa May, to take unilateral decisions on how to activate the protocol of 50 without the consent of Parliament in its entirety ignoring court decisions?

You can have different opinions about Brexit, but such legal tricks, remind me of the referendum in Ireland on the Lisbon Treaty, when refernedmum repeated because the results of that did not like the elites in Brussels.

I wonder what happened if you Premier, simply ignored this judgment, what then?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Nov 2016, 6:49 am

What if I trigger article 50?

The High Court have ruled that May doesn't have the authority to do it. Therefore, she can't take a unilateral decision to activate article 50 any more than I can.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2016, 6:43 pm

She's got the infrastructure to do it. Our diplomats in Brussels. They are physically capable of declaring it triggered. Does the EU then sue to prove it's not triggered? What about public backlash to that?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:45 pm

I can't wait.

The tories have handed us Scottish Freedom from the unfair union of crowns.

Union of crowns, we are meant to be equal partners, bye bye my English brothers and sisters.