Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2016, 8:22 am

I may have asked this before. I can't remember, if I did I am still having problems with it. I brush them too hard, hard enough that it isn't good for my gums. More often than not I brush too hard.

But I can't stand the feeling of the light touch, even if it is by a toothbrush and I am the one doing it.

Also brushing my teeth makes me hungry. Not emotional hunger but real 'stomach' hunger and I end up eating out of control and too fast. Even eating before doesn't help, I just want food as soon as my teeth/mouth are touched.

Anyone else get hunger because of the stimuli of brushing teeth and touching their mouth? Any ideas on what to do? Stuff myself before brushing? Try to not eat despite being hungry? flavored liquids? I have tried those ideas but not consistently enough.

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

I don't get the hunger thing, but I definitely brush too hard.

But my teeth are whiter than all of my friends' teeth.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 7:53 pm

I have trouble even brushing my teeth because I can't stand the taste or feel of the paste and rattling, grating noise my [electric] toothbrush makes.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2016, 7:55 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on how to not feel hungry after brushing my teeth?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

Would it help if you eat a bit before brushing your teeth? Just a thought.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2016, 8:03 pm

I've tried eating before brushing my teeth. I sleep on my stomach. I've tried to brush them right before bed but as soon as I lay down (Or is it lie down? I've never been able those two straight.) I am hungry and can't sleep till I eat.

Maybe I should try drinking tea, water, etc when I lay down. I don't know if it would help but it might be worth a try.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 8:10 pm

my main problem is actually remembering to brush my teeth, i swear my teeth are extremely durable as sometimes ive not brushed them for over a week at a time......its really bad and im trying to get into the habit of it. i do do a fairly hard brush though for a similar reason, light doesnt feel right or good enough.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:16 am

I hate brushing my teeth because that is when my Obsessive-Compulsive traits kick in. I have to brush for exactly two minutes. I actually time it on my phone. I've never had the eating thing, though. I actually don't like to eat in the morning or anytime after I brush because I don't like the mixture of the mint flavor with regular food.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:17 am

I'll tell you one thing: your teeth are mighty clean LOL

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:49 am

i have trouble remembering to brush my teeth

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 8:13 pm

I can have trouble remembering to brush my teeth too & trouble remembering to brush my hair. When I brush my teeth, I can get toothpaste all over my mouth & end up getting toothpaste on my tops. I can also get pain in my mouth.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2016, 8:23 pm

Do you get it on your shirts, etc with all brands of toothpaste?

I find electric toothbrushes feeling awful. I think the best is a manual one called Radius. It is hard to brush too hard with the way the handle is. So it is best for my teeth even though no matter what I use, I prefer brushing hard.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 3:23 pm

I have a habit of brushing my teeth before and after meals. I don't why I do this, but it usually happens sporadically.