Autistic women often portrayed in a negative light?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 5:59 pm

I was totally obnoxious as a child and a b***h in my teens. I started to get more pleasant in my 20s and am now unremarkable in social interactions. But when I look back at my attitude and behaviour in my teens I am embarrassed. Because of autism I was awkward and had no concept of Theory of Mind. Some of the things I said, I am lucky I didn't get slapped for.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:00 am

Honestly, I thought we were invisible to other people, and it's like we don't exist at all, they only notice or care about the sweet little autistic male non-adult child boys who fall in love with Snow White at Disney World (really). :roll:

I think *all* women are portrayed in a negative light. Including right here on WP. Maybe especially on WP. :(

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:40 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I think *all* women are portrayed in a negative light. Including right here on WP. Maybe especially on WP. :(

To be fair though there are some pretty messed up women on this site. They don't really help themselves with their snippy negative comments. Although, to be fair there's quite a number of snippy men too.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

hurtloam wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

To be fair though there are some pretty messed up women on this site. They don't really help themselves with their snippy negative comments. Although, to be fair there's quite a number of snippy men too.

Meow! That's very harsh. In fact I'd go as far to say that was mean.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 3:03 pm

I never see autistic women portrayed at all. People are surprised that I'm autistic because they can't believe adults and girls can be on the spectrum and I am both.