Anyone else who knows about the Gorillaz?

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2017, 5:49 am

Hey have any of you guys seen this? Damon Albarn released a mix of songs under the character Noodle. It is made up of women that have inspired this years upcoming album.

Link

I'm so glad Hiatus Kaiyote is on there. I love their singer and style of music. Now its making me hope they collaborated with the Gorillaz for the new album.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 7:49 am

They were one of the biggest musical acts here in the UK around 12-15 years ago, have rarely heard them mentioned since. Quite liked the first album.

Albarn is a genius who really doesn't get the credit he deserves

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2017, 10:42 pm

A music video for the inauguration was shown. People say the song is either garbage or good and you just can't understand it. Some people don't like it because of the political views in it (they've always had political views but this about Donald Trump). I'm pretty much meh about the song. The spongebob bit at the end threw me off. I understand the message and like how clever it is. It took me a while to realise the meaning behind the spongebob bit.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Hey have any of you guys seen this? Damon Albarn released a mix of songs under the character Noodle. It is made up of women that have inspired this years upcoming album.

Link

I'm so glad Hiatus Kaiyote is on there. I love their singer and style of music. Now its making me hope they collaborated with the Gorillaz for the new album.

His voice is very calming to listen to. I didn't really understand the spongebob thing though. Would you tell what it is?

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
They were one of the biggest musical acts here in the UK around 12-15 years ago, have rarely heard them mentioned since. Quite liked the first album.

Albarn is a genius who really doesn't get the credit he deserves

They really deserve more attention, I also remember them being more popular before. Those were the days.

phanthom89
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

Yes I do ..
I guess my favorite song is Tomorrow Comes Today. There's an book on the history of the band Called Rise of the Ogre if you weren't aware.

I watched the music video for Sunshine in a Bag on Toonami Midnight in several years before Feel Good Inc put them on the map in america when it was Z100 official. (Z100/Y100 being the CNN of radio stations of the east coast).

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2017, 1:43 pm

W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Link

His voice is very calming to listen to. I didn't really understand the spongebob thing though. Would you tell what it is?

Donald Trump is a business man and the song suggest their fear of Donald Trump treating America like any other business of his. Donald Trump's catchphrase/slogan is "You're fired!", the scene of Spongebob used is when Spongebob starts crying after Mr.Krab's fires him.

phantom89 wrote:
I watched the music video for Sunshine in a Bag on Toonami Midnight in several years before Feel Good Inc put them on the map in america when it was Z100 official. (Z100/Y100 being the CNN of radio stations of the east coast).

Coincidentally around the same time Gorillaz got popular emo kids came around. I remember seeing so many emo kids having Gorillaz merchandise even if they didn't know they were a band. Didn't last long when they realized that Gorillaz was a band and were hardly really emo.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

SnailHail wrote:
W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Link

Donald Trump is a business man and the song suggest their fear of Donald Trump treating America like any other business of his. Donald Trump's catchphrase/slogan is "You're fired!", the scene of Spongebob used is when Spongebob starts crying after Mr.Krab's fires him.

Oh, I can't believe how I didn't get that...

phanthom89 wrote:
Yes I do ..
I guess my favorite song is Tomorrow Comes Today. There's an book on the history of the band Called Rise of the Ogre if you weren't aware.

I've heard about it, but I have no idea where to get it

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2017, 9:30 am

W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Link

phanthom89 wrote:
Yes I do ..

You can find it on Amazon for $100 and someone uploaded the audio version on youtube.

Speaking of which I found this fan animation for part of 2D & Murdoc interview from from the itunes session

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

SnailHail wrote:
W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Link

phanthom89 wrote:
Yes I do ..

You can find it on Amazon for $100 and someone uploaded the audio version on youtube.

Speaking of which I found this fan animation for part of 2D & Murdoc interview from from the itunes session

Thank you very much!

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2017, 8:49 pm

Hey guys, music videos for their album Humanz has just been released including a 360 view version of one of them. "We've Got The Power" is my favorite song out of the bunch.

I'm so glad I ate before I saw this, naked Murdoc almost killed me.Feels strange seeing Noodle as tall as them.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Hey guys, music videos for their album Humanz has just been released including a 360 view version of one of them. "We've Got The Power" is my favorite song out of the bunch.

I'm so glad I ate before I saw this, naked Murdoc almost killed me.Feels strange seeing Noodle as tall as them.

I saw it too. It's weird seeing Noodle all grown up. My favorite is Ascension. I love how they changed their music style again.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2017, 10:07 pm

W91T wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

I saw it too. It's weird seeing Noodle all grown up. My favorite is Ascension. I love how they changed their music style again.

I was not expecting this style of music it is a lot more different from the rest of their albums, I didn't like it at first but after listening to it a few times I started to like it a lot more. Can't wait to hear the rest of their songs.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2017, 6:39 pm

Another song from their album has just been released

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2017, 6:51 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Another song from their album has just been released

It sounds like they have taken different elements from the other songs of the album.

DericWM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2017, 11:14 am

Yeah, I know about Gorillaz. Some of their music are played on Alternative radio stations.