Anyone else who knows about the Gorillaz?

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2017, 4:44 am

DericWM wrote:
Yeah, I know about Gorillaz. Some of their music are played on Alternative radio stations.

Good that they still are somewhat popular. I remember they used to play it more often before

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2017, 3:32 pm

W91T wrote:
DericWM wrote:
Yeah, I know about Gorillaz. Some of their music are played on Alternative radio stations.

Good that they still are somewhat popular. I remember they used to play it more often before

Their new album has got people talking about them again. In fact the Saturnz Barz music video is considered the best VR video on youtube.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

SnailHail wrote:
W91T wrote:
DericWM wrote:

Their new album has got people talking about them again. In fact the Saturnz Barz music video is considered the best VR video on youtube.

Really? I didn't know that. That's great!

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

This is definitely my favorite song from the Humanz album, I was hoping they'd have at least 1 trip hop sounding song for this album

Here some interviews if anyone is interested some of them actually had 2D and Murdoc in them :lol:

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2017, 5:48 am

SnailHail wrote:
This is definitely my favorite song from the Humanz album, I was hoping they'd have at least 1 trip hop sounding song for this album

Here some interviews if anyone is interested some of them actually had 2D and Murdoc in them :lol:

Too bad the video isn't available anymore, 2D's voice sounds very weird O_O

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2017, 2:49 pm

I found this video and I'm dying of laughter from how accurate it is

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2017, 9:04 am

Is there anyone who hasn't heard of Gorillaz? I'm pretty sure they're one of the most popular bands in the world.
My favorite song of theirs is Latin Simone.
It's worth checking out the members' other work:

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2017, 9:27 am

SnailHail wrote:
I found this video and I'm dying of laughter from how accurate it is

It's funny, because it is all the noise and screaming I really like about the song

Amebix wrote:
Is there anyone who hasn't heard of Gorillaz? I'm pretty sure they're one of the most popular bands in the world.
It's worth checking out the members' other work:

I really like Latin Simone too! I think I've heard the first one before. I really like Del's voice

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm

In case nobody hasn't heard, the band is allowing fans to partake in a video shoot for their next music video in London. Man I wish I lived in the UK so badly right now.

Amebix wrote:
It's worth checking out the members' other work

I think it has to do with the fact that the Gorillaz haven't been active for almost a decade and only a small handful of their songs have charted in the United States.

Nearly all the artist they collaborate with are amazing artist on their own. Damon has such a knack for picking out very talented yet unfortunately very underrated musicians and singers.

If you like Del The Funky Homosapian make sure you listen to the album Deltron 3030, it is also produced by Dan The Automator who was the producer for the for the debut Gorillaz album.

Miho Hatori who was the first voice of Noodle has her own band named Cibo Matto which is greatly underrated.

Martina Topley-Bird was featured in the Gorillaz song Soldier Boy. She is an amazing singer and trip hop artist. This song was also produced by Danger Mouse who was a producer on Demon Days album.

Roots Manuva was also featured on the Soldier Boy. He is a great rapper. I love his mixture of dub and hip hop.

I found this song by Skye Edwards the singer of Morcheeba cover version of Feel Good Inc, it sounds pretty amazing and I think I like it more than the original song, if Damon sung on this it would be even better.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2017, 9:07 am

SnailHail wrote:
In case nobody hasn't heard, the band is allowing fans to partake in a video shoot for their next music video in London. Man I wish I lived in the UK so badly right now.

I think it has to do with the fact that the Gorillaz haven't been active for almost a decade and only a small handful of their songs have charted in the United States.

Nearly all the artist they collaborate with are amazing artist on their own. Damon has such a knack for picking out very talented yet unfortunately very underrated musicians and singers.

If you like Del The Funky Homosapian make sure you listen to the album Deltron 3030, it is also produced by Dan The Automator who was the producer for the for the debut Gorillaz album.

Miho Hatori who was the first voice of Noodle has her own band named Cibo Matto which is greatly underrated.

Martina Topley-Bird was featured in the Gorillaz song Soldier Boy. She is an amazing singer and trip hop artist. This song was also produced by Danger Mouse who was a producer on Demon Days album.

Roots Manuva was also featured on the Soldier Boy. He is a great rapper. I love his mixture of dub and hip hop.

I found this song by Skye Edwards the singer of Morcheeba cover version of Feel Good Inc, it sounds pretty amazing and I think I like it more than the original song, if Damon sung on this it would be even better.

Aw, me too. It's a shame they aren't more active, quality before quantity though. Del's album sounds really cool, and I like Skye's version of Feel Good Inc too. I don't really think it sounds better than the original, but that they are good in different ways.

rolliespring
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2017, 1:34 pm

SnailHail wrote:
cberg wrote:
DUDE THANKS! I've been wondering who Cibo Matto were for years!

I only recently discovered Cibo Matto.

It was only until I heard the songs Birthday Cake and Beef Jerky did I feel that voice was familiar (Miho Hatori).

I wish they had Noodle sing more while she was voiced by Miho.

I agree! I always wished they had more Miho on their first album. I am so nostalgic for Phase 1 Gorillaz; I was 10 yrs old when I discovered them. Noodle's character was 14 by that point (it was right as Demon Dayz came out in 2005, I was in 5th grade) and I wanted to be just like her. I have been obsessed with Gorillaz ever since. They are my all-time favorite band!
I really love Cibo Matto too, Gorillaz led me to them and then in turn led me to discovering all kinds of fun experimental or punk Japanese bands like Shonen Knife, Tricot, Akiko Yano, YMO and Jun Togawa

extremely important band in my life!

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2017, 12:49 pm

A new music video just came out, looks like they're having fun with the 3D models they used for interviews and weather reports in music videos now

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

I was shopping on amazon a few days ago for some music albums and saw the Gorillaz debut album CD being sold for $9 with enhanced tracks and two remixes added that weren't in the U.S. version which were 19-2000 soulchild remix and Clint Eastwood Ed Case/Sweetie Irie Refix (edit). I don't any physicals of Gorillaz so I thought "Why the hell not?". Now I'm thinking of purchasing G-Sides the next time I'm buying more albums.

I definitely like the remix of 19-2000 more than the original. The Clint Eastwood remix is alright, but UK garage doesn't seem to suit the style of the song in my opinion.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 12:12 am

I like Damon Albarn’s music.

I like 19/2000 (Soulchild Mix)
Up On Melacholy Hill
Feel Good Inc
Stylo
M1/A1
Punk
Dirty Harry

I like Blur better though on Blur 13 Album on the Special Edition there is a song called I Got Law which is a demo version of Tomorrow Comes Today. Also some songs on Blur’s Think Tank album sounds a bit like Gorillaz.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2018, 5:37 pm

Has anyone seen the Humility music video yet? Jack Black feature and a Power Puff Girls crossover! Man I was not expecting that. Anyway that green guy is not Murdoc but Ace the leader of the gang green gang from the Power Puff Girls. Apparently some offscreen events happened with Murdoc being framed for a crime by a guy he was doing a deal with in the Strobelite music video. Ace is an official member of Gorillaz now while Murdoc is in prison. If the Gorillaz TV show ever comes out I wonder if Ace will be apart of it. I wonder if Ace being in Gorillaz means the PPG are canon there as well. Gorillaz did make a cameo in the PPG movie and 2D wore a shirt with Mojo on it in some G-sides album art.

I'm also wondering the possible plot behind the music video. If you notice 2D's eyes are white instead of black but when Russel trips him his eyes turn back to black and he can't skate anymore. Russel's eyes also seem to have went back to being black. I wonder if Russel got possessed and passed on his spirits to him or something. There was also some throwbacks like Noodle wearing 2D's Hello Kinky shirt.