Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 10:31 pm

Who don't like talking on the phone? Is not wanting to talk on the phone have to do with Aspergers?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 11:42 pm

I also don't like talking on the phone, especially when I phone a company and there's a woman on the phone who's young or Oriental and they don't understand me after I repeat myself the 6th time. I have an understanding as to why that is now, though. Young people expect everyone in Canada to sound alike and two people with accents from non-English speaking countries can have a very hard time understanding each other.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:54 am

I have never liked talking on the phone

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 12:50 pm

I really don't like making phone calls too. I especially don't like making calls where I have to ask someone for something.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 4:53 pm

I only call my grandmother, but it hard to deal with her alot of times, cuz she thinks she knows what she is talking about & she makes me mad at her.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm

I stopped using the phone once I stopped having friends xD Dunno how much sense that makes but anyway o-o

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:00 pm

I threw out my phone about 5, 6 months ago. I wasn't talking to anyone on it anyway. I have no plans to get another. Life seems to be better that way. No phone, no Facebook, and none of that other social media crap.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Nov 2016, 7:24 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I threw out my phone about 5, 6 months ago. I wasn't talking to anyone on it anyway. I have no plans to get another. Life seems to be better that way. No phone, no Facebook, and none of that other social media crap.

I understand where you are coming from. I have a cell phone, but I haven't had it turned on since probably last winter. I don't like to be that accessible. If I am out of the house, I don't want to be bothered with a telephone. As for Facebook, I have an account, but I rarely check in on it. I get tired of seeing all those pictures and video posts that plague the site. I get tired of friends that I never talk to inviting me to play some game on there. I get tired of friend requests from weirdos I don't even know.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:35 pm

I don't like talking to people over the phone. If a phone call is for something important that I need to care of, then I'll call whoever I need to call.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 8:09 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Is not wanting to talk on the phone have to do with Aspergers?

Not specifically with Asperger's, but it does have to do with auditory processing deficits, which can co-exist with Asperger's.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2016, 9:38 pm

I was afraid of it when I was young but I built up a tolerance. I avoid it if I can now but if it's something I have to go through with then so be it.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 9:54 pm

I understand about not talking on the phone & not wanting a phone, but what if there an emergency & you need to call someone or call 911.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 9:57 pm

starkid wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Not specifically with Asperger's, but it does have to do with auditory processing deficits, which can co-exist with Asperger's.

What do you mean.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 11:34 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
starkid wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

What do you mean.

I meant that not wanting to talk on the phone doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Asperger's, but people who don't want to talk on the phone for certain neurological reasons (like difficulty understanding tone of voice or listening fatigue) is caused by auditory processing deficits, and some people with Asperger's also have auditory processing deficits.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 12:00 am

if people are nice to me, I am willing to chat on the phone with them.