Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm

I know someone who would place very high on this test as well as all the other Aspie quizzes. Unfortunately, he has the patience of a crackhead. So riddled is he with anxiety that he can't sit still for long, let alone complete tests that can go on for 15 minutes or more.

Colorou
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2017, 1:15 pm

I just took the test a 3rd time getting almost the same results. I was diagnosed last year, both of my parent have a score around 70ish, I have one female cousin who tested close to my scores. The sensory is clearly a way to measure how likely it is that we have sensory "issues"/ sensory processing disorder. Last year I married my Husband who has the exact same Raads score as I do :heart:
Total Score: 184
Language: 18
Social: 85
Sensory: 48
Interests: 33
My mother hoped she was on the Spectrum which was as heart warming as it was annoying :') (She is not on the spectrum but has high IQ with a sprinkle of sensitivity and without gifted traits)
The sociology major Woman is incredibly interesting. Any NT that is interested in understanding ( and actually does understand) the Autism Spectrum is virtually a hero in my World :heart: :ninja:
Generally I work well on a team of specific personality types, if the wrong type is in my environment then they create a hostile social environment that ultimately pushes me out. I don't think having Aspergers means there is something wrong with ME... it can lead others to mistrust me simply because I don't engage in their small talk about things that truly don't matter or interest me. I'm always the top performer wherever I work and not everyone we come across NT or ND will be nice. Aspergers who are high functioning have a specific way of accidentally offending people because we don't carry the same levels of logic, truth is most important if we want to improve and that's not the main goal of most. It not true that's Aspies don't change, many of us do force ourselves into necessary change because we are highly self aware.
On topic I want more information on the individual Raads R scores ^.^

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 1:58 am

owenc wrote:
Hi, so I have taken the RAADS-R test (may be wrong terminology) and received the following results:

Total score: 110
Language: 4
Social Relatedness: 68
Sensory Motor: 20
Interests: 16

So what does this result mean? Obviously it suggests that I have Asperger's as I am clearly above the threshold.

But I am only slightly above the threshold for most results except Social Relatedness. Does this then suggest that I am more of a borderline case?

There is nothing to explain these results on the RAADS site so I don't have any idea as to what this result infers.

Quizzes like the RAADS-R and AQ are screening aids in the right setting. They help assessors and diagnostician eliminate a candidate who in not likely to be on the autism spectrum, pick up those collections of traits which are consistent with being on the spectrum and those interesting borderline areas which will make the biggest calls on their experience and judgement.

There is a filmed presentation on You Tube with the late Lorna Wing. It wad I think put up BT the UKs National Autistic Society, and filmed a couple of years before Lorna Died.

In it Lorna Wing expressed her conclusions that it was the Social deficits which were the key feature of the Autism Spectrum.

If this particular screening tool is picking up social traits and blind spots then that would be a strong clue to an assessor your profile had some consistencies with a core feature of the autism spectrum.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 10:11 am

Test taken by you on 5 May 2017 (average score of female autistics):

Total score: 225.0 (163.1)
Language: 21.0 (13.0)
Social relatedness: 108.0 (76.4)
Sensory/motor: 57.0 (42.4)
Circumscribed interests: 39.0 (31.3)

Wow, my scores are high! Of course, if the options included "most of the time", "some of the time", and "very little of the time", I might have gotten a more sensible score.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 12:44 pm

Test taken by relative on 5 May 2017:
Total score
: 199.0
Language: 21.0
Social relatedness: 91.0
Sensory/motor: 48.0
Circumscribed interests: 39.0

I asked my twin sister to also take the test, answering for me. She kept giggling, and answering, "God yes!" or "Hell no!" It was enlightening and entertaining. :lol:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Aspi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2020, 10:55 pm

I know this is old, but I also noticed the NT controls averaged above the AS threshold of 65.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 5:40 am

When I took it, there was a reference table for results and I noted that my 135:
* Language 18 was higher than ASD avg
* Social Relatedness 53 was higher than NT avg
* Sensory/motor 35 was same as suspected ASD avg
* Circumscribed interests 29 was same as suspected ASD avg

I am an extroverted, feeling, 2e ASD type.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 3:07 pm

Mine had a total of 163, with a really high score in circumscribed interests...

With me, I have few sensory issues and my empathy isn't that bad, but I am Ms. Stim lol and extreme special interests. It's a spectrum for a reason.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 5:06 pm

Results from even the most trusted tests/assessments need to be taken with "a grain of salt!"

LINK discussing 'RAADS-R' assessments:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134766/

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 7:12 pm

Very very interesting.