Just a little tiny push, perhaps?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm

That thread may seem be bit contradictory to my stance regarding the cold approaching.

Well it didn't feel much "cold" approaching, it was in a flight and she happened sitting just next to me - unlike other public transports it seems more acceptable for strangers to chit chat in a flight.

Anyway it wasn't planned ahead - she was quiet for the first half hour playing with her phone and I just made a comment on her wine cup which was broken and dripping... and jeez, as if I had triggered some button, she didn't stop talking for the rest of the flight: she told me of her business (cloth trading like 90% of the fella national passengers), she told me of the troubles with the Turk wholesalers, she told me of her hometown, where she lives, she complained about the flight services... I say she did most of the talk. She did ask for my name at the end and I asked about hers - but we didn't exchange numbers and so it's unlikely to meet her again (well I did find her on fb but I won't add her because she never suggested it ... so forget it).

This small social experience was the first of its kind though, it seems that some people just need a... tiny slight push to make them open up to you, no?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 27 Nov 2016, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 1:33 pm

You mean you didn't exchange numbers...

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 1:50 pm

Oh no, if you find her send a friend request. If she's not up for it she won't accept. If she wants to keep in touch she'll add you. You don't know if you don't try.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 1:57 pm

The purpose of the thread was not for asking what I should do... but thanks anyway.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 2:26 pm

Lol that is sort of how I am I will sit near or in the same room as someone I don't know and not say a single word unless they talk to me. But if one was to start a conversation with me then I have no issue talking to them, like I am not shy about talking about certain topics or what kind of things I am into. So yeah I'd say it is true some people do just need a little push to socialize. In my case I would imagine it has to do with the autism, but its possible some neurotypicals are similar in that aspect.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Oh no, if you find her send a friend request. If she's not up for it she won't accept. If she wants to keep in touch she'll add you. You don't know if you don't try.

True, there are a few times I've talked to someone and simply forgot about exchanging any info to stay in contact...but probably would have added them if they sent me a friend request.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 6:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

True, there are a few times I've talked to someone and simply forgot about exchanging any info to stay in contact...but probably would have added them if they sent me a friend request.

Well, she is certainly not autistic at all.

As for adding her ok fb, well... there's no mutual friends at all (so I can't be like "hey I have noticed you in the mutual friend list of X and I remembered you")

and it will look that I am obviously chasing her - especially that 4 days already passed.
She is is a stranger to me, so I am not really that interested to "chase" her.

Anyway I did that in the past and
the "adding someone on fb after one meet up to follow up" does not really work, folks - especially when there's no social circle in common.

They all did accept the friend request but they never initiate conversations so I stop initiating therefore they just become ghosts filling my fb feed.