Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,679
Location: Calne,England

28 Nov 2016, 10:19 am

My stepdaughter is trying to get me to move near her on medical grounds. She has said she needs a letter from a nurse or doctor stating my medical condition. I am completely thrown as to how to proceed as despite my asking she has so far failed to make clear to whom such a letter needs to be addressed. I need to be able to ask for a letter to
"To whom it may concern" Name of receiving organisation.

Situations like this really stump me. I need things clearly spelt out.

Support mental health research
Please support mental health research

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 133 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2013
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,501
Location: If not here, then where?

28 Nov 2016, 11:57 am

I may be wrong in thinking this is what it should say, so just take this as one suggestion I'm just throwing out there -- I think it sounds like it should go something like:

"To whom it may concern,

Firemonkey has been diagnosed with ____, ____ and ___ (dates of diagnoses: ___ ___ and ___ under Dr.___) and sometimes has need for special accommodations regarding ______, ___ and in situations where _____"

The blank space will be filled in with your information as thought best by you and/or your doctor, and might also state any prescriptions/medications you need.

You probably need to ask for something like the above, a kind of "cover letter" simply stating your medical conditions and any help they require.

Basically it probably needs to state any diagnoses you have, physical or neurological, and perhaps also state that because of these conditions there are accommodations you may need in order to do well, or something to that effect.

This is possibly what your step daughter has in mind.