What is up with the Physically Disabled Superiority Complex!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DavidTheWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2016, 8:15 am

Literally all the Guys in Wheelchairs at my day program treat me subhuman. I literally had one insisting I must have graduated with Special Diploma just because I am Autistic!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm

It's not just the physically disabled who say things like that. A lot of people say things like that.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2016, 1:06 pm

Never saw or heard of it, but it sounds hypocritical for one disabled person to look down at another disabled person.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2016, 6:17 pm

This guy sounds bitter to me. It's probably tough to see people walking around. I've noticed in that culture they work VERY hard to look like they don't need any help and they get mad if you do something you think is helpful to them. Which I can understand but it makes a lot them kind of nasty. Also even if you are injured like that it does not mean you understand other disabilities.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Nov 2016, 12:13 am

I think maybe they work really hard to overcome their disability & feel like you aren't trying to overcome yours. I'm NOT saying that you aren't trying your hardest but they cant relate to it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 10:43 am

I don't think these people have overcome anything and feel some sort of strange sense of "entitlement." People who have truly overcome their problems don't, in my experience, make fun of others.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 10:54 am

IstominFan wrote:
I don't think these people have overcome anything and feel some sort of strange sense of "entitlement." People who have truly overcome their problems don't, in my experience, make fun of others.

Exactly. Those who squeal the loudest about others realize that they are the extreme minority of people who criticize. They become more and more shrill as those around them ignore and leave them. It is like the pathetic stand-up comic casting about for attention with the line "...am I right?!?"

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 11:02 am

My ex wasn't in a wheelchair but he felt I didn't deserve my grades and for how hard I worked because they had modified my school work so he told me they had dumbed it down. He didn't count my accomplishment because of the help I had gotten. He was pretty bitter so because he didn't get the same amount of help he got and he dropped out, bullying being the main reason, he felt I didn't deserve it either so he didn't count it. I think he was jealous and wanted everyone to live like him or else he thought it didn't count and think they just dumbed it down.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.