Are you too quiet or too talkative?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are you too quiet or too talkative?
Too talkative 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Too quiet 53%  53%  [ 18 ]
I'm nonverbal/semi-verbal and use AAC or sign language too often for people's liking 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I'm nonverbal/semi-verbal and don't use AAC or sign language very often unless absolutely necessary 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Depends on the situation 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
None of the above 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

Some say I'm too quiet. When I was younger, most teachers loved me because I was the only one who could be silent when it was asked of us.

Last edited by 248RPA on 29 Nov 2016, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 5:34 pm

Depends on the situation. Sometimes in class I am in. I can suddenly go into passionate arguments with the person next to me over politics or something else I find interesting. And when I do it is quite fun. I do that as without it I tend to find class boring.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 5:36 pm

I put 'depends on the situation'. Growing up, I was much too quiet. Now, I'm too quiet unless I make an effort not to be, at which point I go too far the other way and talk too much, often repeating myself or saying stupid things. No middle ground, with me.

XeroFur
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2016, 6:26 pm

Right now, I'm VERY quiet, but if someone says something good about me, I'll put a thumbs up as a way of saying thank you, so that way it wouldn't come out wrong if I did say "thank you".

The only times where I was very talkative, was in 7th and 8th grade, but I wouldn't stop talking about the same thing, and eventually, people stopped talking to me because of it... I'm currently in 9th grade now, and I'm back to my quiet self...

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

I rarely speak.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Nov 2016, 7:59 pm

Much too quiet, I do not initiate and am not good enough at small talk to carry on conversations with most people people. I do not pursue or maintain acquaintances, I am much too in my head and I just can't read or trust most other people. It's kind of a catch 22 with trying to be more social and normal is that it makes me even more in my head and paranoid when dealing with other people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Nov 2016, 12:07 am

I've been both but in general I'm too quiet. I just don't have much thoughts in my head about what to say.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 12:52 am

I went from too quiet as a child, teen and young adult, to too talkative when I deliberately efforted to break out of being too quiet. Pendulum swing/overcompensation. I was selectively mute for years of my childhood. It's like I'm making up for lost time. The mutism did not do me any favors.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 8:48 pm

I've been told I'm very quiet, but I personally think I talk too much.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 9:40 pm

I'm too quiet, sometimes I can be talkative. I can be lonely & want friends, but I don't feel like talking all the time, alot of the times I don't know what to say to my online friends. I'm a complicated girl.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2016, 10:00 pm

I'm way too quiet for most people's liking. I get told way too often to speak more.

WetCarbon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2016, 10:04 pm

I've always been really quiet, especially in groups, to the point that it often bothers the NTs around me. I can ramble endlessly if I'm talking to friends or family about something I feel strongly about and I can yell pretty loud if someone makes me angry. Usually I'm pretty silent, though.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 12:38 pm

I am the most quietest person I know.

When I was younger I was told that I was too quiet.

I tried to change that but changing made me have bad anxiety and now the only way I can survive in a civilised society is to be myself and remain quiet.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:38 pm

Every day I barely speak at all unless I get to talk about things I like.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2016, 4:02 pm

When I was in grade school I was given the badge of most talkative....but after saying so many embarrassing things I slowly withdrew from conversations.... Till I learned comedy where all those inappropriate things I accidentally say could easily pass as a joke.... :jester: I began to communicate again...now though not so much because being a clown is no longer age appropriate.... :(

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 1:46 am

I am very quiet in nearly all situations. The main reason is that I just don't have a lot to say. If I do have something to say, I don't usually have any problems saying it.
In addition I am content to hearing something, think about what I think about it (an inner monologue) and have no need to say it aloud to those around me.

The only person I am fairly talkative with is my mother, and that often comes down to inside jokes and every day discussions. She's also the only person I have the need to share things with.

I've heard quite a bit in my life that I'm too quiet. No, I just don't fill quiet with nonsense talk with acquaintances.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765