Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

mouse35
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2016, 3:08 pm

I am late dx high functioning austic. All my life I struggled to feel, be female. Now with more support, to understand my autism I am looking at what this means for me. Do others have the feeling they are neither. I have male and female children and as they grow up they have set ideas on gender, which I do not.
I always say I am female, but think I am not particularly, I also recognise as asexual. Any one else?

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:22 am

Probably there's a good chance you're agender or genderqueer. But you'd have to do more research on it to really figure out what exactly suits you best.

mouse35
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2016, 9:27 am

I have, and indentify non binary, asexual. I researched it quite extensively and this is right for me, just wondered if any more like me around.

liannege
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2016, 9:49 am

Hi I am from the UK it is hard to date for me at the moment, I dont know whether I should bring up that I have Aspergers on those dating sites does anyone on this forum use dating sites if so which?

I am in my late 20's.... :D

mouse35
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2016, 11:08 am

I tend to put it in profile, not dating, as to complicated for me, but chat rooms , forums etc. Good luck.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm

I am not asexual, rather, I am pansexual. But I do not identify as male or female. I was born in a female body so I say that is what I am. It does not cause me dysphoria or anything, but I do not know what it is to feel female or male for that matter. I just kinda am.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 5:37 pm

Since early childhood I have always identified as more masculine than feminine. But not always entirely. "Being a woman" has always been very hard for me and I have always gravitated towards masculine things.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 8:31 pm

I don't "feel" female either. I've just always felt really weird and apathetic about gender, although I look super feminine and wear makeup. Because I dress feminine, I don't really fit in with the gender neutral people, they don't consider me one of them since I don't look androgynous.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 9:08 am

This_Amoeba wrote:
I don't "feel" female either. I've just always felt really weird and apathetic about gender, although I look super feminine and wear makeup. Because I dress feminine, I don't really fit in with the gender neutral people, they don't consider me one of them since I don't look androgynous.

There's plenty of people that actually "look their biological sex" but if they specify what they are then what purpose would it serve to not take them seriously??? I try to roll as androgynous as possible but because I have long hair and wear a cross body bag many people tag me as a female. I guess it depends on what kinda person you're dealing with. At this point the only people who take me seriously at the truth about my gender identity are people online. Offline people are so butthurt that I don't even bother to tell or even try to explain it to them.

My ex knew and he accepted it but my family didn't because had they did especially at that time they would have thrown that in my face saying the relationship failed because I "don't want to identify as a female despite being born in a female body".