Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2016, 10:58 pm

making me cranky with 86F or more and now its 95.72F right now in Australia Queensland my feet is sweating and my veins coming up i dont like it makes me anxiety from heat and makes me intense headaches do u have issues with this?

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

Since the OP forgot to explain it I will.

This person lives in Australia which is in the Southern Hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere the seasons are reversed from how they are up here in the Northern Hemisphere (North America, Europe,Asia) where most WP folks live. She is going into summer just as most of us are going into Winter.

Just sayin'

Carry on.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 11:37 pm

I detest the heat, especially humid heat.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 4:03 am

Does that mean you have Christmas during the summer out there?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 5:51 am

Lucky you. Meanwhile I have to put up with the cold of the winter... x_x

Not a fan of our usual winter climate.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

I, Vote for going to the water park! Image A Pool or Beach will work just as well.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
Does that mean you have Christmas during the summer out there?

Yes, If they do celebrate it they would. Though if you're in the tropics it wouldn't make a difference. You can go to the beach for Christmas. :)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Dec 2016, 1:18 pm

I am in the same boat- it's high summer here in South Africa and my little flatlet gets so hot even with the windows open and the fan on - must get the portable air conditioner from my mom sometime...

If I had my way and my folks were less traditionally minded I'd have a picnic in the garden (cold food you can eat with your fingers of course) or on the beach for Christmas rather than a hot meal around a suitably decorated table.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2016, 12:40 am

I'm from south Louisiana which averages in the 90s or higher all summer long with high humidity. I have a low tolerance to heat cuz of sensory issues & a skin disorder where my skin drys out & itches easily. I hate the feeling of sweating. I spent alot of my time inside when I lived with my parents & had LOTs of meltdowns with them because they wouldn't let me lower the AC below 77 degrees. I ended up moving to Vermont to be with my girlfriend & I do much rather the summers here but I hate being really cold in winter too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 1:08 am

in the summer, I can't handle for long periods, indoor temperatures over about 75F, I have to turn on a fan and/or a/c. I generally stay indoors in the summer months.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 5:31 am

Berabara wrote:
making me cranky with 86F or more and now its 95.72F right now in Australia Queensland my feet is sweating and my veins coming up i dont like it makes me anxiety from heat and makes me intense headaches do u have issues with this?

Totally relate to it.

It would be nice for me to live in Australia from June to September and for you to live somewhere up north from December to March.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2016, 3:24 am

It's as bad in NSW. Sometimes, the temperature went up to 98.6˚F (37˚C). Years ago, I lived in a suburb that is notorious for its summer, 107.6 ˚F (40˚C). It was so hot that when I hung my washing on the lines, I could see steam!

Ah, I hate the heat. Some of my neighbours right here enjoy summer. I don't. I can't sleep when it's too hot and I always wake up with a headache. Summer in my nightmare. At least, I have an air con now. It's just that I can't afford to pay electricity bills if I turn it on everyday.