This lady has some serious issues with Aspies

Page 1 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

02 Dec 2016, 1:26 am

http://heartlessaspergers.com/how-to-sp ... -syndrome/
I don't even have the words for this. I'm not looking for love, but if that's what it's like with an NT I don't want it. Heartless Asperger's indeed.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 2:01 am

Sadly this is quite common. We use to have a bunch here who'd tell women to avoid aspie men. We're true.y seen as unwanted. Also noticed she was linking aspergers to voilence on the right side of the site :( and people wonder why we'd not tell others we have aspergers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 2:46 am

That's why I always say you all should keep your asperger secret, even from your future wife - because they will google it and find things like this.

Keep it a secret till your death - you have no obligation to tell it.

It is way better to be perceived as odd and weird for your entire life than as AS.

Quote:
They have difficulty with semantics, such as understanding the meaning of words within different contexts.
They may not understand that you “love” pizza in a different way than you “love” your mother.

:lol: We are cannibals too!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 2:54 am

Sequoia wrote:
http://heartlessaspergers.com/how-to-spot-a-man-with-aspergers-syndrome/
I don't even have the words for this. I'm not looking for love, but if that's what it's like with an NT I don't want it. Heartless Asperger's indeed.

Notice that the target audience is NT women in relationship with aspie men - and not NT men with aspie women.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 3:19 am

It's because once you associate yourself with a label, people will stop seeing you as the individual and just apply the generalizations of that label to you. So, never tell people about your autism or you'll regret it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 4:43 am

if only more of those women could know, that if you have met one Asperger's person, you've met ONE Asperger's person. some of those descriptions made my skin crawl.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2016, 4:53 am

Anonymous will be paying her page a visit. :skull:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 5:04 am

Even if you don't tell them about your diagnoses, they will still pick up that something is off about you. Plus it will lead to misunderstandings. I didn't know my first boyfriend was a schizophrenic because he wasn't showing any stereotypes about it. No hallucinations and he wasn't hearing voices nor was he thinking someone was after him or spying on him and he wasn't violent or getting in trouble with the law so I didn't know. Instead I thought he was lazy and played head games with me and was making excuses and I thought he was just manipulative and a bum and I was his meal ticket. But no, he was just having negative symptoms and one of them was extreme lack of motivation so no wonder he lacked interest in work and why he played his computer all the time and didn't shower or brush his teeth. This is why labels are important. But I can forgive him now and hopefully my triggers are gone. But would I have still broken up with him if I knew then too, yes because I want to have a family and he didn't want kids anyway and he wasn't getting any treatment and he didn't think he had a problem and had no desire to be on any pills and I don't want to be a caregiver and having to take care of my kids at the same time. Plus his illness would have gotten worse. But the break up would have been more peaceful instead of me being angry and hurt.

But some people will still be bitter with aspies even after they know about their diagnoses. Can any be abusive? Of course and I think they would still have a right to be angry about it and hurt but I don't support them bashing all aspies. My last ex had BPD and no one sees me bashing borderlines and painting them all as evil and abusers. Do I still have triggers from how I was treated by her (he then)? Yes because the behavior was toxic she did towards me and it was very hurtful. That is if my ex was honest about all her diagnoses but it was a typical narc apology she wrote me in her comment when she found my blog.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 5:31 am

Quote:
Even if you don't tell them about your diagnoses, they will still pick up that something is off about you. Plus it will lead to misunderstandings.

They will pick that my personality is distinct and too introvert.

I don't care what you all think - I am not going to tell anyone.

Even the ladyfriend that I have been seeing very frequently lately doesn't know - and it really doesn't matter if the person is compatible and none is being jerk.

I do not believe that disclosing AS will make a failing relationship to succeed.

I don't have an official diagnoses anyway, so really I am not hiding anything.

So...MEN, never disclose it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 5:37 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
It's because once you associate yourself with a label, people will stop seeing you as the individual and just apply the generalizations of that label to you. So, never tell people about your autism or you'll regret it.

Bingo!

/Thread.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 7:59 am

I already knew I shouldn't reveal it.

Thanks guys for backing up my beliefs.

I was about to tell a female friend tomorrow, but won't in case it would tarnish our friendship, but even more importantly, in the infinitesimally tiny, tiny chance we ever date, it could tarnish things.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:21 am

Yes, we should spread this message. :twisted:

AS must remain a personal secret.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:43 am

If my partner lied to me about their diagnosis I would be really upset. If they can lie about that and keep that secret from me they clearly don't think highly of me.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2016, 8:56 am

I like the page about a Stunning Example of Lack of Empathy in which a "lack of empathy" is defined as pointing out that "no legitimate research has ever been conducted to support ‘Cassandra Affective Deprivation Disorder.’"

So, "empathy" is defined as uncritically accepting everything they say. I'm sure there was a problem in these relationships, but it may not have been in the partner with Asperger's.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:57 am

Alliekit wrote:
If my partner lied to me about their diagnosis I would be really upset. If they can lie about that and keep that secret from me they clearly don't think highly of me.

Every one can keep secrets to themselves only.

You being the wife or girlfriend doesn't make you entitled to know EVERY secret of your partner, and it has nothing to do to how they think of you- what a weird logic.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:29 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Every one can keep secrets to themselves only.

You being the wife or girlfriend doesn't make you entitled to know EVERY secret of your partner, and it has nothing to do to how they think of you- what a weird logic.

It's not about that it's the reason your choosing not to tell them. You choose not to tell someone because you assume the worst about.

Its very rude to suggest that someone else's logic is 'weird' because it doesn't fit your logic. We get mad about NTs calling us weird and such yet you are doing exactly the same as the woman in the article