Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you keep a journal/diary/personal blog?
yes 32%  32%  [ 10 ]
yes but I don't update it very often 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
no 39%  39%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 31

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 7:37 pm

Do you keep a personal journal in which you write/type about your thoughts, feelings, and/or experiences?

How do you feel about the journal? Is it helpful?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:07 pm

Not usually, but I've been working on a journal-type project over the last seven months or so. It's very therapeutical in a lot of ways. For instance, if I've had a bad day or been struggling with something, writing about it works wonders for my mood.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:09 pm

I should start a new blog.
So far I haven't.
I used to have a blog but let it go.
The topics were a combination of fine art photography, my travels and weird adventures / coincidences, and ramblings in the winter about being the Queen of Narnia. :)
Now I paint in my spare time.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:54 pm

Only on a trip (holiday) to somewhere different.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:20 pm

My therapist had me for a while… I stopped because it wasn’t helpful, but mostly because she wanted to spend the entire session discussing my journal.

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2016, 9:36 pm

I actually have a few of them that have accumulated over the years but I update them in sporadic bursts which can vary dramatically in range, time wise; I do find it mildly interesting to go through them and read my ramblings over the years and the gradual change in them over the years, but I don't do it too often, that and update them.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 5:03 am

I used to when I was younger and going through a rough time, but I haven't in years. Maybe I should again.

schopenhauer with a keyboard
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2016, 5:52 am

i'm autistic so i don't do anything, hence there is no point.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 5:38 pm

Yes, I've written a daily entry since 1973. I've found it enormously helpful both in the immediate instance of a cathartic expression of my experiences and reactions and thoughts, and also it helps to read back over some things to get a perspective on things.

Sometimes I don't even have a handle on exactly what I'm feeling about something that happened within a day, until I start writing my diary entry and I suddenly discover all these emotions. It's a useful discovery tool and catharsis.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 3:15 pm

Best thing I have done as an adult. Started in 1990. Inspired by a visit to an old Meeting house in wales caled "The pales" and buying a book called, I think, Diary of a countryman, the journal of a member of that meeting in the 19th Century, the book reprinted a year's worth of entries.

Kept it Daily till around 2001, when the frequency fell off somewhat. Still use it.

basically it is the tool I have used for working out a Lot of personal stuff, interpersonal stuff, the sort of things I don't find intuityive, BUT, given a ood session writing thoughts doesn, sometimes actual question and answer sessions with myself I have been able to crack a fair few intractable situations, in many cases better than Neurotypicals also involved because of the thinking and preparation working things out in the journal gave me.

Most recently it was the place I reviewed a fair bit of life history which had recurring themes pointing towards being on the spectrum, and it proved a useful tool in a two year process leading to being assessed and indeed identified as Autistic.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Dec 2016, 3:55 am

No I have dyslexia & dysgraphia. I can barely ready my own handwriting, my hand hurts after writing abit, & it takes me a long time to type posts on forums or to text.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 7:28 pm

nick007 wrote:
it takes me a long time to type posts on forums or to text.

Have you ever tried text-to-speech software?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Dec 2016, 8:02 pm

starkid wrote:
nick007 wrote:
it takes me a long time to type posts on forums or to text.

Have you ever tried text-to-speech software?
No but I've thought about it before. I don't like talking too much thou & I have a tremor disorder that can affect my voice when I'm talking alot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Dec 2016, 10:39 pm

No, I never have. It never made much sense to me honestly to write something nobody would ever read and I don't need a written account of my own life. What I post on here is probably as close to a journal as I have written.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 10:42 pm

I had one from about a year ago to maybe 2-3 years ago. Destroyed and gone now. I've been thinking about getting a new journal. Mostly just doodles.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 11:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
No, I never have. It never made much sense to me honestly to write something nobody would ever read and I don't need a written account of my own life.

If you had a blog, someone might start reading it. I started a personal blog and people I don't even know started following it.