Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Timx89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2016, 3:20 am

Anyone out there like Metal core,post hardcore or scene in ways. Bands that seem to help me with feeling depressed and have got me thought hard times are these gene. At the moment Ive been listening to Bring me the Hozion they've become one of my favorite due to the main singer writing and meaning of Avalanche. I have to say underoath too is one of my favorites I've grew up onthose I also enjoyed listening to bands like the Devil wears Prada,thrice and Spotify play list called Crash course.

If anyone has favorites or anything in this style that has helped you please share and keep up the good fight.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm

I get the impression we're on opposite ends of the spectrum with post-hardcore, but this is one of my favorite types of music. Here's some stuff:

Timx89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2016, 3:41 pm

Post hard core Thrice

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 4:15 pm

Its not particularly my cup of tea....I'm more into metal and post punk, but I bought an album of this hardcore punk band at a record store and they're pretty awesome:

Timx89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2016, 3:14 am

Song about ADHD

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2016, 12:01 am

Ah, yeah, that's very different from the type of stuff I posted and am into... it almost seems like post-hardcore is used to describe two music scenes that are completely different.

There are a couple connections between these scenes, though, most notably:

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 7:27 pm

I'm suprised no one linked the stuff that is technically post-hardcore but has no direct connection to punk, more just a mix of pop, prog, alternative, and metal, stuff like Pierce the Veil or Falling in Reverse. There is some stuff which isn't post-hardcore that has been linked though, but I see the connection.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Its not particularly my cup of tea....I'm more into metal and post punk, but I bought an album of this hardcore punk band at a record store and they're pretty awesome:

This isn't really post-hardcore, it's just metal influenced hardcore punk.

Timx89 wrote:
Song about ADHD

And this is definitely not post-hardcore, it's just alternative/pop rock. I don't know if anything from That's the Spirit really counts as post-hardcore, only really alternative metal at it's heaviest, but I'd count some stuff from There is a Hell and Sempiternal as Stuff.

Anyway, have some Glassjaw:

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2016, 10:12 pm

That Bring Me the Horizon song does just kind of sound like alternative rock, but they are generally considered a post-hardcore band.

Glassjaw is a lot of fun. I have to admit, though, there are few bands I dislike as intensely as Falling in Reverse.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 2:47 am

Amebix wrote:
That Bring Me the Horizon song does just kind of sound like alternative rock, but they are generally considered a post-hardcore band.

Glassjaw is a lot of fun. I have to admit, though, there are few bands I dislike as intensely as Falling in Reverse.

Generally their considered metalcore, and their general take on metalcore could be considered a form of post-hardcore, but they've gone the full span from deathcore to pop rock. I didn't know that was possible. :P

I'm not saying I like Falling in Reverse (they are really annoying and douchey), just I'm surprised nothing in their style was posted. I do like one song by them though, so I'm going to post it.

To be fair this song isn't really post-hardcore either, it's more just hard rock with some stylistic similarities to that strain of post-hardcore.

So some more actual post-hardcore:

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html