Superhero shows , talk shows , and musicals .

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 6:41 pm

If someone had told the me of 1976 that in 2016 ther woyu9ld be weekly , network TV , shows of SUPERGIRL , aGENTS oF s.h.i.e.l.d. , gREEN aRROW , gOTHAM , AND THE fLASH , i WOU9LDHAVE---JU9MPED UP AND DOWN ? gOING " hEY , TAKE ME THERE ! "-?
nOW , i NEVER SEE THEM :cry: .
(And , I limited in my typing time and I'm not go-ing to cor6rect the abopve mis-capilization . I'm sorry . :cry: )

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 9:16 pm

...Anyway , --- if my 1976 COMIC READER-reading self had been told that :( - I'd be jumping up and down , excitedly , saying " Take me there ! " , Or , anyway , " OH , BOY ! !! I CAN'T WAIT ! !! " . :cry:
As for talk shows , when Letterman and Craig Ferguson and Leno all retired at about the same time , it's like the people who who roughly my age , or a bit older than me , went bye-bye - and now I'm younger than everyone . " Left behind " . :( That's when you grow - ARE - old :cry: .
The guy who took over TONIGHT , IIRC ~ He was written up in some piece as " the first talk show host for the generation where audie4nces for talk shows of similar don't really watch the actual show itself , but watch bits , on Hulu or YouTube " or whatnot . :(
I'm so old and uncool :cry: . Maybe I get self-consious about all this " WOOWWWWWW ! IT'S THE GURU-VY >>>>>>KEWELL<<<<<< NEW MEDIA TECH THAT ALL THE NEW POWER GENERATION KNOWS , GRANDAD ! "
As far as musicals go --- I saw that NBC re-make of " THHE SOUND OF MUSIC " a few years back , which started this franchise of TV remakes of well-known old musicals ~ But I have missed them all since then ! :? :cry:
There is a " hobby " long-time regular web-site of mine where I am closeted about being HL :( ~ I actually STARTED a long-running line about those TV musicals but I keep either saying " I couldn't see this one " or not saying it :cry: ! !! !! !! !!
BY comparison , I might as well have been hiding in a cave since the Civil War ended :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 7:39 pm

...I've never had a TV during the modern era of digital broadcasting which IIRC started about 2009 or so .
Modern broadcast TV stations have these " digital extra " channels which they tend to give over , on the commercial stations , to these " retro TV " rerun channels like ME-TV .
I've been some places where I have a TV - Isom ( acouple??) have received those retros .
I have never even worked a modern TV .
Even by the 80s I watched little broadcast/weekly/" Big 3 " TV much anymorem
~ I remember hearing about " THE GOLDEN GIRLS " when it started ~ In the Fall 1984 season , IIRC ? ~ and it sounded interesting , but I never did watch it .
I was sort of counting down to being homeless then ~ or so it can be put in retrospect , anyway .
My mother rendered me HL in 1985 , IIRC (I had briefly been in a shelter , thrown out by my parents , in 1982??) - The thing is , I had gone from doing nothing to doing what she had said she wanted me to do , going to a program every day !
I WAS GOING TO THAT PROGRAM ANYWAY :cry: , doing what she had said she wanted me to do before - The she rendered me HL anyway :cry: .
It's not as if , either , she said " Do this job and give me a % of your pay and you can stay here ! " - She didn't . :(