Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 8:26 pm

~ to me , i this last days .
I DID manage to get my SSDI-accessing card , and activate it :) - But , remember , it was after ALL THESE WEEKS ! of grief- :(
Oh , and I lost a Draft #1 of this post entirely , with my EXTREMELY LIMITED ! computer time !- :cry:
Okay , I got the SS-accessing card , and , with the roughly 1.40 month worth of money's which piled up , I have quite a bit at my disposal just now ~ BUT , admittedly , I might just piss it off pretty quickly , if I do not make myself do " something major " .
And (even leaving the CCSF ? out of this for now) , I have run into things making me think " maybe San Francisco isn't for me anymore " , and I should go somewhere else while I have the bus fare - tooo arrive maybe a little bit before it's really " almost Christmas " , say a week in nadvance -
For one thing - While I was enjoying/packaging some immediate post-getting thecard shopping from Walgreens' this afternoon - I WAS BLATANTLY PICKPOCKETED/MUGGED :cry: ! In broad daylight on Market Street :cry: !
Maybe " the pack IS turning against me "~? :cry:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 9:53 pm

Don't spend it unwisely, Sir.

Sorry you got mugged. I've been mugged. It sucks.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 9:58 pm

It seems you're either not serious about attending the CCSF, or no longer planning to attend for whatever reason, if you're contemplating "pissing off" your money instead of saving it for college expenses.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 7:05 pm

...The tiny bit of piled-up money that I have received from the 1.40/-ish months' worth SSDI cash finally reaching me now is not , in any way , money I would see as " money for college expenses " ! !! :x :(

the_phoenix wrote:
It seems you're either not serious about attending the CCSF, or no longer planning to attend for whatever reason, if you're contemplating "pissing off" your money instead of saving it for college expenses.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2016, 7:29 pm

Sorry you got mugged. Hopefully they didn't take too much. Maybe keep any spare change at the bottom of your backpack, out of reach from pick-pocketers.

Maybe moving interstate is the best thing. SF is not as cold during the Winter as other states but the weather is only one concern. You may have a better chance in a state like Utah, where a certain percentage of homeless are given housing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 8:38 pm

The differences in winter temperatures between San Francisco and Salt Lake City (Utah):

1. In San Francisco, it rarely gets below 5 Celsius even in the dead of night. If it goes down to zero, it makes the front pages.

2. In Salt Lake City, it's a fortunate day when it even gets to 5 Celsius for a high temperature. There's severe air pollution caused by "inversion." It's not uncommon for it to go down to 20 Celsius or below, though it's usually about minus 5 to minus 10 at night.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2016, 8:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The differences in winter temperatures between San Francisco and Salt Lake City (Utah):

1. In San Francisco, it rarely gets below 5 Celsius even in the dead of night. If it goes down to zero, it makes the front pages.

2. In Salt Lake City, it's a fortunate day when it even gets to 5 Celsius for a high temperature. There's severe air pollution caused by "inversion." It's not uncommon for it to go down to 20 Celsius or below, though it's usually about minus 5 to minus 10 at night.

Yeah, unless he has guaranteed housing, temperate at night (out on the street) is definitely something to consider if moving states.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 10:31 pm

Can you forget about college? You need to do more important things like find a social worker to help you find an apartment & get a job.