Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ceo145
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

Hey i was browsing up on the net and i found this website that clearly says that autism is a learning disability caused by brain damage from birth. :lol: I hope this will be corrected soon...
Here is the link below:
http://www.birthinjuryguide.org/brain-damage/symptoms/
It says "brain damage can manifests itself in more obvious ways with learning disabilities such as Asperger's Syndrome or Autism" :o
It seems weird that brain damage cause autism and that this info can be found on a website on the internet, for me it really shows that you need to be careful when searching the web for medical resources !

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 4:18 pm

It might be a cause of Autism.

Temple Grandin was originally diagnosed with brain damage in the early 1950's when brain damage was a common misdiagnosis of autism. Her brain damage was confirmed in 2010.

Early Brain Injury Might Be the Root of Autism New research from Princeton shows that cerebellum damage, especially in the second and third trimesters, could be the root of autism

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ceo145
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2016, 8:09 am

It feels weird that i would be different just because of brain dysfunction :| It doesn't seems like this view is accepted by the scientific community, i mean generally. For the time being any doctor (neurologist or psychiatrist) has diagnosed me with brain damage, even if i had a mild brain injury in 2010 but they said it was not the cause of my Aspergers because was diagnosed before and had symptoms that developed before. I hope you don't see me as being brain damaged instead of Aspergers :-o
PS: Sorry if my answer seems stupid lol