Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 2:59 am

Anyone here have one?

Pros/cons? Any particular complaints or things you'd change? Features you'd like to see added? Any other input you'd give a designer?

My friend is working on a design project to come up with a better electric bike and I told him I'd ask around online and see if there's anyone out there with one that they have ideas of how they'd improve it.

I gave him my 2 cents, but it's not worth too much more than that lol as I don't have an electric bicycle and thus can't really provide any real world feedback for him. How about you? Got one? Ridden one? Things you'd change about it if you could?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 10:19 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Anyone here have one?

Pros/cons? Any particular complaints or things you'd change? Features you'd like to see added? Any other input you'd give a designer?

My friend is working on a design project to come up with a better electric bike and I told him I'd ask around online and see if there's anyone out there with one that they have ideas of how they'd improve it.

I gave him my 2 cents, but it's not worth too much more than that lol as I don't have an electric bicycle and thus can't really provide any real world feedback for him. How about you? Got one? Ridden one? Things you'd change about it if you could?

Make it so you can replace the battery and keep a spare. Without needing to be a mechanic to do so.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 12:24 am

Pieplup wrote:
Make it so you can replace the battery and keep a spare. Without needing to be a mechanic to do so.

That's a pretty good idea. I like it! 8)

For anyone reading this, feel free to suggest absolutely anything from function, practicality, options, features etc to pure aesthetics. There's no such thing as too wild or crazy an idea, either. Never know, it could work it's way into a design & even production some day. Plus it's kinda fun to think about some wilder stuff sometimes.

ie Today I was thinking about some other materials bike frames are made out of for various reasons from strength to weight to appearance and thought of a potentially unique way to mix the use of some polished metal and some nice looking hardwoods. I just think it would look classy af. I know just the people who could actually make it in real life, too. 8) It makes imagining the look all that much more real when I can picture what my welder friend could do and what my carpenter friends can add to it.