The cult of white privilege is ethnomasochism

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Dec 2016, 5:23 pm

Unfortunately I can't find any reliable sources talking about the scale of the problem in Sweden. I don't think it's worth getting upset about biased reports from far-right sources like the Daily Express and Breitbart. If there was substance to them then credible organisations would be reporting them. Just for context, the Express's top story at the moment is someone frothing at the mouth about an inclusive Christmas play... I'm not saying that it can't be true because the Express and Breitbart say it, I'm saying that their claims alone aren't enough to convince me that their presentation is a true and fair analysis. Certainly the "no go zones" meme is one that conservative Americans have had to retract several times when they've actually been to the no go zones in question and found that they're nicer than American ghettos.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 5:41 pm

I don't blame you for being suspicious about the no-go zones, but it seems different in that these are declared zones rather than just some publication saying they exist. They can't lie about that, can they? Though they could be exaggerating the nature of what they are.

The problem of course is random news from a random foreign country isn't going to be picked up by news organisations in a different country without a reason and too often those news organisations lean a particular way. But I just see too much on Sweden that even if it's significantly exaggerated it's still really bad.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 6:58 pm

I'm a hardcore liberal and I still find the whole "we blame wh***y for everything so let's trash them" thing counterproductive and hypocritical. Why fight racism with racism? It's just going to get white people to move to the right.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~