Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2016, 5:06 pm

Hi. Today has been a rocky day. I woke up and my routine had changed, which began my day to be stressful. So I got into class, and the noise was unbearable. We did a Christmas quiz and I ended up with my head on the desk and hands over ears, just to drown the noise out (i didnt have time out because the corridoor is twice as loud when people walk past). Anyway, I was sweating really bad and couldn't stop twitching. The lesson thankfully ended and had another lesson 30 mins later, in which I was so dazed out, I didn't hear anyone. I'm usually very good with my chosen subject but today I just couldn't take it. The teacher visited me twice to ask if I was ok, in which I wasn't. I was just so dazed out, someone noted I look "angry". I didn't want to speak to anyone. I then made it home, and felt a bit better with my mum. However I was still a bit strange. I fell asleep at 6pm until 8pm and I feel a lot better now but not fully better.

Is this a shutdown? It really did feel like one, but I'm not sure what it was. Does sensory activity cause this to happen? I know that loud sounds, bright lights and overwhelming activity causes me to feel this way moreso.

Is there any suggestions as to what I can do to help ease this from happening?

Thank you

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 5:59 pm

I'd say it was a pre shutdown state, but not a shutdown, but it varies from person to person

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 5:59 pm

If it really felt like one it might have been one