How do some people get partners so easily?

Page 1 of 18 [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 4:33 pm

I was talking to this girl online. She's on holiday. The other side of the country from where she lives. In a town she's never been to before. She felt horny so she chatted up a couple of local guys. Just like that she has both of them. How many people here could say they could be on holiday in a new town on the other side of the country, be there for a few days and then find two sex partners? She had 'em both at once. How many people here could say they could arrange for a threesome on short notice?

It's not just girls. It's guys as well. Plenty of guys can also just arrange a ménage à deux on short notice. One guy I know. His girlfriend dumped him. He had a new girlfriend about a week later. How do these people do it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 4:42 pm

Attractiveness, strong sex appeal and active social life.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Add possible lack of self-worth.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 5:29 pm

Are you kidding? Women do not have to work to get sex. That's just fact. Any woman can just get laid if she wants, no matter how hideous she is, there will always be a guy who will say yes to no-strings-attached sex. So that's not really an accomplishment or something to be impressed with. (And I do mean "sex" which is completely and absolutely different than a committed long-term relationship with someone, which is a bit more complicated and not necessarily as easy.)

Now how the guys get something quickly is a different matter. I would say it's a combination of both their charisma and their looks, two things that unfortunately not everyone has.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 5:39 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
Are you kidding? Women do not have to work to get sex. That's just fact. Any woman can just get laid if she wants, no matter how hideous she is, there will always be a guy who will say yes to no-strings-attached sex. So that's not really an accomplishment or something to be impressed with. (And I do mean "sex" which is completely and absolutely different than a committed long-term relationship with someone, which is a bit more complicated and not necessarily as easy.)

Now how the guys get something quickly is a different matter. I would say it's a combination of both their charisma and their looks, two things that unfortunately not everyone has.

He would be a "Master Key" (referring to an internet meme).

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2016, 10:50 pm

Trying to wrap your head around this stuff will just drive you crazy. Basically 'thats life son'.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 11:38 pm

I have no problem doing it locally whenever I've wanted to, so I can't see it being a challenge in a different city.

I do have the advantage of being gay, though. We have apps for that. And guys are horny.. soo.. Plus I check many of the common stereotypical attractive boxes. Tall, white, male, physically fit, nice smile, blessed in the **** department etc. Add in the ability to communicate/sell/persuade/convince blah blah and hookups are ridiculously easy most of the time.

But I haven't wanted to. Been kinda dating someone since we met on Halloween and hoping it goes somewhere.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 5:03 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Certainly lack of self worth. These days young people learn off their parents divorce. It not really learning curve. So they make a divorce as a replacement in no string attached relationship. Its apathetic choice to maturity of lifestyle.

The question of this topic that OP mentioned it is true that attractiveness and sex appeal make people find their partners easily. At the same time, its alcohol influence. It changes the person's thoughts and decisions of what they want to do.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 9:11 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Certainly lack of self worth. These days young people learn off their parents divorce. It not really learning curve. So they make a divorce as a replacement in no string attached relationship. Its apathetic choice to maturity of lifestyle.

The question of this topic that OP mentioned it is true that attractiveness and sex appeal make people find their partners easily. At the same time, its alcohol influence. It changes the person's thoughts and decisions of what they want to do.

lol You guys forgot to blame the devil's lettuce.. the reefer! :lol: :twisted: :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 12:09 pm

^ I would not have sex with anything.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 12:18 pm

I'm able to get partners easily because people approach me because I'm attractive. I'm not able to keep partners though because I'm not social enough and it's hard for people to get to know me, so people end up getting bored and leave. Same goes for friends, I attract them but can't keep friends. People are initially drawn to my attractiveness and "quirky" traits, but I'm not social enough meh...

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2016, 4:29 pm

They are smart, funny and good looking.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 1:25 am

Meh, I could right now. Just sayin'. But I don't wanna. Kinda tired & I still have presents to wrap and a lunch to make. Also not interested due to dating someone. But yeah, fact is I could riiiiight now if I wanted to. Way too easy. And that's a part of why I can't be bothered.. nothing worth doing is easy & everyone wants what they can't have, so, what's easily attainable really isn't all that desirable. Way rather just wait 'til the next time I see the guy I've been dating, even if we don't do anything sexual at all. It's just more satisfying.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 1:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Attractiveness, strong sex appeal and [b]active social life.[/b]

Most important detail right there.

Not a lifestyle I could do or want though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 1:47 am

Feyokien wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Attractiveness, strong sex appeal and [b]active social life.[/b]

Most important detail right there.

Not a lifestyle I could do or want though.

Not required.

The ability to communicate/be social helps significantly, but you're under no obligation to lead an active social life in order to get laid. There are plenty of websites and apps for that. If I were inclined to do so, I could get laid at least once a day for virtually as long as I wanted to without ever leaving the house. Zero social life required to email/message someone and arrange a hookup.

Being able to be social, and being able to communicate, and yes especially being charismatic... these things all help big time, but actually having an active social life is not necessary for one to get laid these days especially with the hookup technology that exists today.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 3:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The ability to communicate/be social helps significantly, but you're under no obligation to lead an active social life in order to get laid. There are plenty of websites and apps for that. If I were inclined to do so, I could get laid at least once a day for virtually as long as I wanted to without ever leaving the house. Zero social life required to email/message someone and arrange a hookup.

Being able to be social, and being able to communicate, and yes especially being charismatic... these things all help big time, but actually having an active social life is not necessary for one to get laid these days especially with the hookup technology that exists today.
You mean I can get laid by emailing someone?