Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:26 pm

smudge wrote:
5.50 minutes in, Lady Gaga's hand gesture after Jonathan Ross goes, "Oh, Good Lord".

She has her hand over her left eye the moment the camera cuts back to her.

Is THAT the gesture you're talking about about? Thats at around 602.

At 550 she makes a little gesture when saying "poker face" prior to him saying "oh good lord". That little gesture is an "air quotation mark" for the catchphrase "pokerface" that she just uttered.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:31 pm

The former. I only put 5.50 so people could view it in context.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm

Okay. So she pushed her bangs out of her eye, or scratched her nose at the moment.

What point are you making?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 9:05 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Okay. So she pushed her bangs out of her eye, or scratched her nose at the moment.

What point are you making?

Not answering until you watch it again, as she blatantly wasn't doing either of those things.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm

BTW, with all the videos now posting a blank spaces, I'm getting a shield icon in the upper right of Chrome - is anyone else getting the same?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 10:07 pm

I just checked the Gaga video out - she did the quote-unquote gesture with one hand while her other hand was holding tea. You're really supposed to use two hands with that gesture and I'd love to see how Steve Pinker would evaluate her nonverbal grammar, ie. whether she 'literally' blew it.

That and the interviewer, lol - wow what a lapdog. Definitely not a politician's welcome.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm

Smudge,

I think I caught what the issue was with videos on your side - ie. you're probably on tablet.

Someone you might find interesting on the esoterica, culture, etc.. front is John Michael Greer. He talks a lot about peak oil but he also has headed a couple magical orders, had a blog called the Archdruid Report because he held that position in the US for a while, and he did the 7th version of the Complete Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie at the beginning of 2016. While he's gotten quite deep into researching politics and culture he also keeps things really practical and does a pretty good job of defining scope.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

Granted, Smudge, there are a lot of people making various hand signals and signs, and they are not so secretly these "illuminati" signs, but what does it mean?

Are they all victims of mind control by secret elements within the CIA and other government agencies as the "Monarch/MK Ultra" people believe?

Are they all part of some vast conspiracy together?

Are they satanists who more or less believe what fundamentalist Christians believe but want to be on the losing team?

Are they inhabited by shapeshifting extradimensional aliens-the enitities some think of as demons and others as aliens in UFOs as some insist?

Or could it be that they are doing it because other people are doing it and it's an in thing at the moment?

There are kids in the local high school who affect the style and manners of gang members, but they are not gang members. I'm not sure this is too different than that.

And what about those politicians. Here's President Bush (43) giving a "horns" sign. No mistaking it.
But the thing is, it's the "Hooke 'em horns" sign that fans of the University of Texas/Austin use to show support for the team. The shot that appears to show Bush and his fellow devil worshippers making their occult hand gesture was taken in the stands at a game with the Longhorns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_'em_Horns

This is hardly unknown, but the "devil cult is everywhere" people reject the evidence that this is something innocent like team support in favor of the theory that it could be a sign that all these people are luciferian conspirators. Does that make sense?

With Crowley, it's unambiguous. He called himself "The Beast 666" and so on. I tend to think this was part of his theatrical showmanship. But there's no doubt that Crowley certainly thought that he was connecting with demons, either actual beings, or archetypes, or thought forms in an imaginary dimension, or some combination of all these things.

But do you think these entities are real and actually controlling people and people are choosing to conspire to empower them and bring them into power over people in this life? That sounds more than a little unlikely, don't you think?

Techstep, I am also seeing the "unauthorised sources" shield.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

I meant specifically the hand covering the eye gesture in that video.

I can't view massively long videos because it will use up my internet allowance.

But yeh, I do realise the "Devil" handsign is more ambiguous.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm

But what does the "hand covering the eye" mean?

Why would Lady Gaga do that? She is some kind of bot that has to do that when someone says "good lord?"

Like a vampire can't cross the threshold unless you invite them in?

Does that really make any sense at all?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:51 pm

And I'll add, you're adding stuff like believing in UFOs and shapeshifters to make my argument sound less valid. I don't believe any of that.

I'll also add, with MK Ultra I don't think it was the leaders and those in power who were being mind controlled. They were more like ordinary people being tested.

Like Snowden revealing the US spying on everyone, why would the US admit to still using MK Ultra on people? Of course they're going to make out they wouldn't do such a thing, or that it was halted in the 70s.

Rather than denying they did anything at all, which would make people more suspicious - the US admitting that they did something wrong and then stopped it, is going to make people more satisfied and think, "Well, they've owned up and told the truth now, and we don't think they're going to do anything bad again, so we don't have to worry anymore".

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm

Adamantium wrote:
But what does the "hand covering the eye" mean?

Why would Lady Gaga do that? She is some kind of bot that has to do that when someone says "good lord?"

Like a vampire can't cross the threshold unless you invite them in?

Does that really make any sense at all?

Again, you're adding words like bot and vampire to make my argument sound worse than it is.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 1:09 pm

No, you haven't made an argument. You've insinuated things without stating them.

I am using a bit of reductio ad absurdum to try and get you to postively state your argument.

What do you really think it means?

I can read this:
http://illuminatiwatcher.com/decoding-i ... eeing-eye/

Or this:
http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusines ... deo-g-u-y/

Or this:
http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusines ... lluminati/

But what do you think it all means?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:30 pm

Adamantium wrote:
With Crowley, it's unambiguous. He called himself "The Beast 666" and so on. I tend to think this was part of his theatrical showmanship. But there's no doubt that Crowley certainly thought that he was connecting with demons, either actual beings, or archetypes, or thought forms in an imaginary dimension, or some combination of all these things.

The problem - he wasn't a satanist in that the kabbalistic system he used wasn't inversionary.

The other piece I saw you comment on before and I think needs correction - the Abramelin working is also not inversionary/satanic.

I could unpack either one of those more but I'd rather you ask the questions and follow from there accordingly because I get that Crowley was a troll, a lot of what I'd have to say on this would cut counter-intutively, and to even discuss that I'd need to gauge how interested you are in actually knowing what he stood for and didn't behind all the Andy Kaufmann'isms.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:45 pm

Smudge - the best way I can put it, a lot of people here and on other chat forums have no charity for topics like the one you're bringing up. My best advice is if it impacts your beliefs about the world it's probably worth researching for the sake of knowing your world and getting clarity on what's credible and what isn't. Trying it to hash it out here is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:53 pm

Rest assured, Techstep, I'm reading it all.

I was also interested in your Tarot thread and remarks in the unusual religious experiences thread. I appreciate your efforts.

I am not sure what you mean by inversionary.

My understanding is that Crowley came from an intensely religious family, whose zeal for their version of the faith resulted in harsh, abusive treatment of the child. I came away from reading about that with the impression that he chose to embrace anti- symbols out of rage angainst that childhood, combined with anger at the need to repress his sexual drives.

But he was calling himself the Beast out of a personal context in which that meant the Christian "enemy" no matter what other, more sophisticated understandings he may have been working with. It doesn't make sense to claim that isn't part of it, surely.

To be clear about where I am coming from. I believe in the natural, but feel emotionally connected to ideas of religion and esoteric experience. The Christian fantasies about the pervasive, wicked luciferian conspiracy mostly seems amusing and wrongheaded to me, but kind of a fun mental game to play. Likewise, these magical people seem to be engaged in nonsense, but quite interesting nonsense that also involves fun mental games.

I recognize that these sometimes goofy, often weird systems may afford practitioners novel and personally enlightening experiences and find that fascinating.