Anybody here have serious anger issues?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

marcus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2007, 4:44 pm

<< I usually logic myself out of being mad. >>

That's a great line! We can use that for almost any situation.

JCJC777
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2007, 7:08 am

I think rage issues are common for AS people, exaggerated by poor self-awareness and poor self-regulation. There are some good books aimed at children that I think are just as applicable for adults. Regularly looking at your self and saying 'where am I on the rage scale?', and 'what might be causing my rage?' (in my experience often something embarrassingly childish) may be good steps forward. Self-awareness is a huge step toward getting out from under the AS rock. all best

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:40 am

I did as a child. I was a perfectionist and got made when I got a grade that didn't live up to my standards or when I did something stupid. I don't have rages anymore.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:54 am

I hold a lot of hate within this vessel; my brain tells me this with its constant violent thoughts, some of it's justified and some of it's not; I go outside and punch trees until I bleed [which takes longer and longer nowadays]. I’m unsure how I can alleviate this hate, it has stayed with me since and when I left high school. :?

I've accepted it, but it still remains.

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2007, 10:14 am

I've got like six holes in my bathroom door (I own the house, ain't nobody gonna replace it for me)...

I'm easily angered too, but it takes certain things to make me angry.

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2007, 10:16 am

marcus wrote:
<< I usually logic myself out of being mad. >>

That's a great line! We can use that for almost any situation.

I frequently logic myself over the top rather than calming myself down...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 May 2007, 2:29 pm

i only really have anger issues when i drink too much, but i havent gotten drunk in almost two days and dont plan on doing it for awile

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2007, 3:57 pm

I don't get angry that often, I'm a calm person most of the time. My parents say I almost never cried as a baby. I would just sit around calm and content, looking around.

I do get annoyed a lot though. It rarely turns to anger.

Michaelmas
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2007, 4:43 pm

I get blind rages - seemingly out of nothing, but undoubtedly there is a cause, and an "excuse" sets me off. I'm under CBT for the same at present, and will report back when comprehension sets in.

I haven't six holes in the bathroom door, but I did have to lsit the items I've broken for my therapist in the last year - 2 doors (one off its hinges), the hoover (broke the pole in two), three bowls, 1 CD embedded in a wall (it never worked again), three steel bins - well, these were the low lights, I thought I'd better stop at this point (to save outlining the carnage in the garden and garage).

Yours in acute embarrassent,

Michaelmas

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2007, 7:04 pm

It's a fact that Aspies are more inclined to rage than NTs. Knowing this, what purpose does the OP's question serve?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:07 pm

I have a bad temper.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:18 pm

I used to have many anger outbursts, mostly in middle school. Now I only have an anger outburst either when I'm at a loss, I'm far too stressed, or when people don't leave me alone when I need to be left alone.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:50 pm

I used to have big anger problems. Not as much getting angry over little things, as having a bad temper when I did get angry. I learned how to control my temper from a couple people I knew (including my dad) who had had bad tempers themselves and learned to control it.

oboejive

20 May 2007, 8:50 pm

Oh, I am horrible with anger. I get angry at the smallest of things as well, but I tend to internalize that anger and let it build up until it just explodes out of me. I have a difficult time with expressing my emotions in general, though...mer.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2007, 9:35 pm

yeah i think most of my anger issues come mostly from being physically and emotionally abused as a child into an adult...i had a couple of issues with my mother threatening my life and then in school when i would get eggs thrown at me and my money taken as well...ive never been one to unleash it very often so i am sure my passive aggressive bipolar type behavior stems from somewhere in that area.....

i try not to take it out on people who do not deserve it, but when someone says something to me at the wrong time....i feel really sorry for them...

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2007, 9:35 pm

yeah i think most of my anger issues come mostly from being physically and emotionally abused as a child into an adult...i had a couple of issues with my mother threatening my life and then in school when i would get eggs thrown at me and my money taken as well...ive never been one to unleash it very often so i am sure my passive aggressive bipolar type behavior stems from somewhere in that area.....

i try not to take it out on people who do not deserve it, but when someone says something to me at the wrong time....i feel really sorry for them...