Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

I was recently reading something that I think we in the Aspie community can use so we can pick up on the behavior of people who are two faced. I have also learned that being two-faced doesn't necessarily imply that your so-called "Friends" are talking behind your back. Rather, there are other hints that are more subtle.

1. Everything is a competition to them or they like to show off.
2. They give you bad advice on purpose so you make bad decisions because they don't want you to succeed or surpass them.
3. They say things that sound genuine but what they really doing is a form of cutting you down. EG: That's such a pretty dress and it looks good on you. Yet, given your budget, I am sure you didn't pay for it all by yourself."
4. They act like your best friend when the two of you are alone but when you are around others, they act like they don't know you.
5. They contact you when they want something and even act like they want to be friends again but when they have what they need, you are shunned and ignored. When you confront them, they give excuses
6. The famous rejecting you when times get tough.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 3:24 pm

Most of those points are good red flags, but appear later on in the relationship.

In the beginning you have to look out for something that is too good to be true. Someone telling you you are wonderful
and saying they have all the same interests as you.
Someone who wants you to move in with them, in a short amount of time.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 6:49 pm

Other ones that I have seen:

People who comment you on your looks when you give them what you want.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 7:12 pm

smiling all the time. little is more suspicious.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 11:18 pm

What about people who show off by trying to make you jealous:

1.Rubbing it in when they got something or someone that you really like or want by boasting.

2.Constantly have a big showy smile whenever they have something you don't currently have.

Another good one would be someone who is supposed to be your friend, constantly convinces you that their friends and family "Dislike" or have a problem with you over the silliest flaws.

They body shame you or make fun of the way you look

If their friends and family pick on you, they idly stand by and accuse you of being sensitive.

Boast about getting together with other in front of you while leaving you out, or post pictures of everyone getting together but you.