yes 68%  68%  [ 52 ]
no 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
unsure/have alexithymia 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 76

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 12:39 am

Do you usually have emotions about reading and posting on this forum? Or do you mostly just feel kind of neutral?

I don't mean when you are upset and post in the Haven or when someone is trolling or saying something mean. Just regular reading and posting.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 2:34 am

pretty melancholy for me at the moment.

i'm just waiting for the..."coup" to happen, if you gnome sayin'.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 3:03 am

I have more emotions than what some of the relatively unemotional aspies here can handle.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 3:06 am

I often don't feel anything when I read stuff here. I have no emotional connection to anyone here when it has nothing to do with me and I think that is a good thing because at least I won't judge or be upset with anyone or find anyone to dislike.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 3:20 am

I do not post stuff I feel neutral about

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 4:12 am

Most of the time I am neutral.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 5:55 am

I'm pretty neutral for the most part, but I do occasionally feel empathy towards people who've had similar struggles to those of mine.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 6:06 am

I feel neutral most of the time but when I see people doing the same mistakes I did when I was that age I get slightly annoyed but not even that much. I'm like this a lot offline anyway though - I used to have social anxiety but I stopped caring at one point.

This reminds me though, me and my mother were talking about killing someone and we both agreed we likely wouldn't even be bothered about it but just annoyed with the clean up process cause it's an effort lol. We could never kill an animal though, that's traumatizing.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 7:36 am

Mostly neutral. Either feelings towards 'useful article and opinions resources' and/or 'time killer'.. :lol: Although the latter may had anything to do with my most bored self if not 'too happy to randomly do things'.

But there are times I cannot help it. Mostly, it's sadness/confusion/annoyance towards my own kind of sympathy/antipathy.
Regardless, I simply let it go since things had nothing to do with me. My own 'story' is just one of the many after all. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Dec 2016, 8:16 am

I think I am a pretty emotional person in general, sure it effects what topics I may read or how I might reply. Sometimes it just makes me feel 'icky' reading stuff, some things hit too close to home and we all go thru ****. Other times I am stimulated and write a whole bunch. Some things I struggle posting, I've written out lots of posts only to X out of them because I didn't feel comfortable posting it which is more personal stuff. I way overthink everything honestly

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 9:49 am

I think I do have emotions. My emotional score was higher than the majority of people on the board but, more than that, I have strong interests and passions. I am very compassionate when it comes to animals and can feel for people on this board who have been teased and bullied, because I experienced it myself.

I am not cold-hearted, nor would I consider myself a soft touch for a sad story from a random stranger. I think I have a healthy degree of empathy.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2016, 11:35 am

I get attached to everyone and everything. Everybody else's problems become my problems.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 12:49 pm

just depression when seeing that everyone has it easier than myself

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 1:01 pm

I have a lot of emotions on here. I'm happy for you all when you have good things happen to you and I feel bad when things aren't going well for you all. I also feel happy when people talk to me in the Random Discussion forum and say nice things.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 1:59 pm

Usually while on WP I feel neutral, but sometimes I feel annoyed or happy about something.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 2:11 pm

My emotions for the most part are hard to discern and typically takes time to figure things out. When it's about something I have experienced in the past, I can relate, but as in emotional connection I'd say mostly sadness as it's a dominate emotion for me. If it's a foreign experience maybe not so much. I look forward to seeing what some people have to say more than others, but as an emotional connection, again hard to discern. I do spend a good amount of time here, in my personal opinion time is the most valuable thing we have.