Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:44 pm

Fine. I don't care anymore if kids die of a preventable disease because of their clueless helicopter parents. A least that's one way to control overpopulation.

Of course, kids don't always die from things like polio or pertussis or mumps.
They might only end up paralyzed, suffer seizures, become blind, or get brain damage. Irony.

I've been getting a flu shot very fall for a few years now. How much longer before I become severely autistic and spend the rest of my life staring into space while drooling on myself and soiling my adult diapers? (Sarcasm)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2017, 5:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't get the other popular opinion here which imply "It's ok if vaccines cause Autism, vaccines' benefits outweighs the risks - End of Story".

I mean, does it even occur to those that those researches my lead to better and less risky vaccines, for instance?

That "cocktail" idea is true - it was after my time, I got mine separately in infancy, but I remember Mom's delighted when they changed it to one shot. Why has research not separated the vaccines and then look for a link? Because there's not enough demand.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

I feel a lot of this hoopla over vaccines has much to do with the perception that governments are screwing with individuals' civil liberties (i.e., that governments are mandating that citizens take the vaccines "for their own good," and that by doing this, they are exerting control over peoples' lives)

I can understand the civil libertarian stance.....but I still feel that a refusal to vaccinate could very well cause a public health crisis of perhaps epic proportions.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:01 am

Hey moderators, change that title back. You're interfering with Boo's right to an opinion on this.

Does anyone else agree with me on this? You can't just change topic titles like that because you disagree with them.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 11:22 am

I agree with Smudge. The site owners and moderators have a right to moderate this site as they please, but I do feel there is more opinion creeping into rule interpretation lately. Moderators job should not be editing/ fact checking. Debunking the idea are what replies are for. I do not see a rule violation in the original title. My predictions of consequences of vaccines causing autism bieng proven are more triggering then the original title.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

Thanks for changing the title back. I also think that the opinion added at the end of Boo's OP should be removed, and added as a separate post.