Page 42 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 6:30 am

I was gonna post the doctor thing, but of course was beaten to it days ago.

This is one of the most disturbing examples of Trump Derangement Syndrome I've seen yet. Not for the severity of the crime but the people involved and circumstances. And so often it's highly educated people doing this, doctors in particular should have a higher moral standard than others and you wonder if they'd carry this over into their profession. Robbing an old man in front of your children who know it's wrong and ignoring their pleas to stop. If you don't care about your own children, how can you be trusted to care about anyone else?

Respect the freedom of speech and expression of others and raise your own damn flag if you want to fight Trump and his supporters.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2020, 6:05 pm

Darmok wrote:
Registered nurse "jokes" about withholding ventilator from Trump supporter in emergency room.

Good. It shouldn't be a joke. You elected a psychopath, you're a psychopath. You deserve nothing.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2020, 6:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cberg wrote:
As if privatization of life saving medicine weren't enough, we're turning medicine into a Twitter joke.
Let me put this bluntly to the republican contingency here: your idea of healthcare is a ripoff that kills people by freezing them to death on the streets.

QFT.

Exactly, these as*holes just want to let everyone die in the street and then not expect people to be angry about it. That's not how society works. People are social creatures. We either work together or we kill each other fighting for scarce resources. The right wants the latter. They seem to think the rich will side with them. They won't. You're just as expendable as everyone else. You're refuse. Trash. They do not care about you. Not one bit. Stop licking their ass.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2020, 6:26 pm

The thing is Trump has proved that the ideology of American conservatism isn't actually about conserving anything. It isn't about tradition. It's entirely manufactured to serve the interests of a tiny greedy minority. They people electing the narcissist-in-chief have the exact same toddler-like self-centered mentality. They don't give a f**k about others. Only themselves. That is why we are "deranged". Civilization cannot hold together in a crisis at all with this nonsense. The gross corruption and inequity the right celibates will create a boiling cauldron of pain and suffering that will eventually erupt all over. You cannot hold greed, self-interest, and rank narcissism as your core values and expect a civilized society to hold under pressure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 12:10 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Registered nurse "jokes" about withholding ventilator from Trump supporter in emergency room.

Good. It shouldn't be a joke. You elected a psychopath, you're a psychopath. You deserve nothing.

i beg to differ - "above all, do no harm." this "nurse" violated that dictum at least in spirit. healing is a sacred art and not for such besmirching of its reputation. this is behavior more fit for a maga than for a healer, we're supposed to let them take the low road while we take the higher road. this just gives magas more ammunition to beat us up with.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 12:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
NoClearMind53 wrote:
Darmok wrote:

i beg to differ - "above all, do no harm." this "nurse" violated that dictum at least in spirit. healing is a sacred art and not for such besmirching of its reputation. this is behavior more fit for a maga than for a healer, we're supposed to let them take the low road while we take the higher road. this just gives magas more ammunition to beat us up with.

Shaming people for hypocrisy only works if they're capable of feeling shame.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 2:13 am

Drake wrote:
I was gonna post the doctor thing, but of course was beaten to it days ago.

This is one of the most disturbing examples of Trump Derangement Syndrome I've seen yet. Not for the severity of the crime but the people involved and circumstances. And so often it's highly educated people doing this, doctors in particular should have a higher moral standard than others and you wonder if they'd carry this over into their profession. Robbing an old man in front of your children who know it's wrong and ignoring their pleas to stop. If you don't care about your own children, how can you be trusted to care about anyone else?

Respect the freedom of speech and expression of others and raise your own damn flag if you want to fight Trump and his supporters.

Look on the bright side.
He got charged. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 2:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
NoClearMind53 wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Unfortunately, there are ferals on both sides of the political divide. 8O

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Apr 2020, 3:01 am

A reminder that, while criticising views is almost the whole point of this forum, insulting people for holding those views is not. Please try to maintain a civil atmosphere.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 12:32 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm

Darmok wrote:

The days of impartiality or even feigned impartiality in the media ended prior to the 2016 election.

It would best serve everyone, regardless of ideology, if media companies such as newspapers, television stations, magazines and internet sites posted mission statements, position statements and even manifestos. Continuing the obvious charade impedes the progress of a healthy society, it doesn't provide benefits.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 8:48 pm

Magna wrote:
Darmok wrote:

The days of impartiality or even feigned impartiality in the media ended prior to the 2016 election.

It would best serve everyone, regardless of ideology, if media companies such as newspapers, television stations, magazines and internet sites posted mission statements, position statements and even manifestos. Continuing the obvious charade impedes the progress of a healthy society, it doesn't provide benefits.

Journalism/media is largely in the sewer, particularly in septic tank land.
Pun intended.

There was a time where journalism had integrity.
There was a time where finding and reporting the truth mattered.
All too often, it is now a case of political spin.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 12:06 am

Kathy Griffin: Stabbing Trump with syringe containing 'nothing but air inside' would 'do the trick'

Kathy Griffin advocated plunging an air-filled syringe into President Trump.

Reacting to a tweet from CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta, which said Trump pondered whether or not he should be given an insulin regimen at a White House diabetes event on Tuesday, the comedienne said: "Syringe with nothing but air inside it would do the trick. F--- TRUMP."

In medical procedures, air accidentally injected into the body's bloodstream through syringes or IVs can cause air embolisms, which can be fatal.

Within moments, Twitter users were remarking how Griffin can expect another visit from the Secret Service.

Griffin stirred controversy in 2017 when she held up a bloody prop of Trump's severed head in a photo shoot, a move which disrupted her career and prompted a visit from the Secret Service, according to her lawyers.

“I don’t think I will have a career after this,” Griffin told reporters in tears after the photo became public. “I’m going to be honest. He broke me.”

In response to a Washington Examiner tweet for this report, which noted that stabbing someone with a syringe filled with air could be fatal, Griffin said she "sure did" advocate for the president to be stabbed with one such device.

Actually, she didn't say "sure did" — she said, "I SURE DID, F****R." (With no asterisks.)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -the-trick

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 12:30 am

the poor woman is touched. pray for her.

Lenoh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2020, 2:42 pm

Darmok wrote:
Kathy Griffin: Stabbing Trump with syringe containing 'nothing but air inside' would 'do the trick'

Reacting to a tweet from CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta, which said Trump pondered whether or not he should be given an insulin regimen at a White House diabetes event on Tuesday, the comedienne said: "Syringe with nothing but air inside it would do the trick. F--- TRUMP."

In medical procedures, air accidentally injected into the body's bloodstream through syringes or IVs can cause air embolisms, which can be fatal.

Within moments, Twitter users were remarking how Griffin can expect another visit from the Secret Service.

Griffin stirred controversy in 2017 when she held up a bloody prop of Trump's severed head in a photo shoot, a move which disrupted her career and prompted a visit from the Secret Service, according to her lawyers.

“I don’t think I will have a career after this,” Griffin told reporters in tears after the photo became public. “I’m going to be honest. He broke me.”

In response to a Washington Examiner tweet for this report, which noted that stabbing someone with a syringe filled with air could be fatal, Griffin said she "sure did" advocate for the president to be stabbed with one such device.

Actually, she didn't say "sure did" — she said, "I SURE DID, F****R." (With no asterisks.)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -the-trick

I guess she figured one visit from the Secret Service (from her severed-head photo) wasn't quite enough for her.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:00 pm

Lenoh wrote:
Darmok wrote:
[i]Kathy Griffin: Stabbing Trump with syringe containing 'nothing but air inside' would 'do the trick'

Within moments, Twitter users were remarking how Griffin can expect another visit from the Secret Service....

I guess she figured one visit from the Secret Service (from her severed-head photo) wasn't quite enough for her.

She has been locked down for weeks with no one to talk to. She was desperate for attention, and then she remembered those handsome Secret Service men who visited her once before.

There Are Four Lights!