Page 40 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 11:49 am

Darmok wrote:
Aktshually, while the dim-bulb Newsweek reporter was snidely tweeting about Trump tweeting, Trump was flying overnight to serve Thanksgiving dinner to US troops in Afghanistan.

Doing his normal job sometimes doesn't mean he's not a criminal.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 11:56 am

42 pages of memes when you say you are talking about facts. Respect for the law is not a "syndrome", Trump even said so.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 11:58 am

Is there no McConnell/Kavanaugh gullibility disorder?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 3:37 pm

PTSD = Post Trump Stress Disorder :D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2019, 4:39 pm

cberg wrote:
42 pages of memes when you say you are talking about facts. Respect for the law is not a "syndrome", Trump even said so.

When the right insists they're only interested in the facts, now you know what they're referring to: politically/ideologically correct memes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 8:28 pm

Sadly, I expect incidents of violence and assault from the left to increase over the coming year.

Student says teacher pulled off her 'Women For Trump' pin

MASON, MI. (WILX) -- A Mason High School student turned to the police alleging a teacher assaulted her during school hours because she supports President Donald Trump.

Sadie Earegood told NEWS 10 that the teacher involved was Paul Kato.

Paul Kato is the media technology teacher at the high school. Students say that he has not been in school since the alleged incident on Dec. 5, but Mason Schools has not confirmed that.

Earegood claims she was assaulted by Kato when he ripped her "Women For Trump" pin from her shirt.

Earegood is 16 and a junior at the school. She said Kato, started off by saying he didn't like the pin she was wearing.

"I was just really shocked that a teacher would especially do that," she said. "He's talking about the 'Women for Trump' pin and I said, 'that's fine you don't have to like it, we can have our opinions.'"

Earegood described a struggle between herself and the teacher where he tried to take the pin off her.

"He grabbed it and I pulled, I tried to push his hand away and he grabbed my shoulder," she said. "(He) just kind of put his hand there, and then he started pulling more and more and I just started backing up."

She said the teacher then put the pin upside down on his shirt and stated that it belonged that way.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Stude ... 90631.html

There Are Four Lights!

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 8:31 pm

Darmok wrote:
Sadly, I expect incidents of violence and assault from the left to increase over the coming year.

More like incidents of violence from BOTH sides! :roll:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 9:07 pm

IOKIYAR. IOW right wingers in power now, brook no criticism and basically say to the rest of us, "i do what i want and you can just STFUMF." the GOP are behaving like shameless hypocrites, pathological liars, and thugs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 4:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IOKIYAR. IOW right wingers in power now, brook no criticism and basically say to the rest of us, "i do what i want and you can just STFUMF." the GOP are behaving like shameless hypocrites, pathological liars, and thugs.

Any criticism of Trump or the right seems to get dismissed as 'orange man bad' no matter how reasonable. It must be nice to rely on thought-terminating memes instead of having to actually consider valid criticism.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2019, 2:23 am

The self-awareness – it is low with this one. :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2019, 2:47 am

Darmok wrote:
The self-awareness – it is low with this one. :lol:

At least they didn't say anything about face punching.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 5:39 pm

N.Y. Gov. Cuomo blocks some federal judges from officiating at weddings — because they might be Trump nominees The seemingly innocuous measure had passed the state Legislature with overwhelming support from Democrats and Republicans.

Quote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has vetoed a noncontroversial bipartisan bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate weddings in the state because some might have been nominated to the bench by President Donald Trump.

"I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration," Cuomo's veto message stated.

"President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers," the Democratic governor added Friday. "The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill."

The legislation, sponsored by Democratic state Sen. Liz Krueger, passed the state Senate by a 61-to-1 vote. It passed the state Assembly by a 144-to-2 tally. Both the state Senate and the Assembly are under Democratic control.

Currently, New York law permits all state judges in their official capacity to preside over wedding ceremonies, although only certain federal judges — like those in the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals and those at each of the state's federal district courts — are eligible to preside over weddings. This bill would have expanded the wedding authority to all federal judges, largely those from outside New York.

"Four years ago, we gave the governor the ability to perform marriages," Krueger said in a statement. "Two years ago, we gave legislators that ability. Marriage in New York is inclusive, equal, and open to all who want it. So when it was suggested to me that we expand it to federal judges, I thought, 'Why not? The more the merrier!' I'm certainly no fan of the judges this president is choosing to appoint — but since any New Yorker can become a minister online for $25 and legally perform weddings, I didn't consider this to be a major issue."

Bolding mine

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 10:44 am

Mr. Trump’s communicative abilities appear to be deteriorating.  His rambling rants display most (if not all) of these signs of serious mental impairment:

• Confusing fantasy with fact (e.g., Reagan had his "Star Wars"; Trump has his "Space Force").
• Confusing relatives and generations.
• Failure to recognize long-term friends and associates.
• Forgetting the names of famous people.
• Phonemic paraphasia (e.g., combining words to form a likely nonsense word: "Covfefe", anyone?).
• Semantic paraphasia (e.g., inserting wrong word).
• Slurred speech.
• Tangential speech (i.e., veering off-topic, non-sequiturs, et cetera).

As far as that last one is concerning, Mr. Trump's speech patterns appear even more disordered when you go beyond the sound bite and look at a whole speech.  He careens from one thought to the next in a parade of non-sequiturs, frequently interrupting himself in the middle of a sentence to veer into another free association.

Behaviors exhibited by Mr. Trump are similar to symptoms observed in persons suffering from dementia. While no specific diagnosis can be definitively made or ruled out (especially by an untrained amateur on a social website), the behaviors displayed by Mr. Trump may be explained by one or more degenerative neurocognitive disorders.

:drunken: :cheese: :shaking2: :compress: :hic: :huh: :shaking:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 10:53 am

Cuomo got overly political in this case.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 10:58 am

What’s perhaps more troubling is that Trump resorts to schoolyard insults any time someone contradicts him in any way.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mr. Trump’s communicative abilities appear to be deteriorating.  His rambling rants display most (if not all) of these signs of serious mental impairment:

• Confusing fantasy with fact (e.g., Reagan had his "Star Wars"; Trump has his "Space Force").
• Confusing relatives and generations.
• Failure to recognize long-term friends and associates.
• Forgetting the names of famous people.
• Phonemic paraphasia (e.g., combining words to form a likely nonsense word: "Covfefe", anyone?).
• Semantic paraphasia (e.g., inserting wrong word).
• Slurred speech.
• Tangential speech (i.e., veering off-topic, non-sequiturs, et cetera).

As far as that last one is concerning, Mr. Trump's speech patterns appear even more disordered when you go beyond the sound bite and look at a whole speech.  He careens from one thought to the next in a parade of non-sequiturs, frequently interrupting himself in the middle of a sentence to veer into another free association.

Behaviors exhibited by Mr. Trump are similar to symptoms observed in persons suffering from dementia. While no specific diagnosis can be definitively made or ruled out (especially by an untrained amateur on a social website), the behaviors displayed by Mr. Trump may be explained by one or more degenerative neurocognitive disorders.

:drunken: :cheese: :shaking2: :compress: :hic: :huh: :shaking:

That is why in a perfect world the 25th amendment would have been used long ago.