Page 1 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:32 pm

A professor of Peace and Security Studies (!) at a top American university unleashed a month-long tirade of abuse at a Muslim woman who voted for Trump.

Anger at Georgetown professor over her MONTH-LONG foul-mouthed Twitter rant at Muslim ex-colleague who voted Trump

- Asra Q Nomani, a Muslim who voted Trump, says C Christine Fair is harassing he
- Fair was allegedly incensed by Nomani's political choice and insulted her
- Nomani says ex-friend Fair told her 'F**k you' and 'go to hell' in private messages
- She also says Fair insulted her on Twitter and Facebook from Nov 22-Dec 23
- Fair is a Georgetown professor at the Center for Peace and Security Studies
- Nomani has complained to Georgetown, wanting an investigation and apology

A professor at Georgetown University went into an unbelievable foul-mouthed meltdown that lasted 31 days after a Muslim ex-colleague said she voted for Donald Trump.

C Christine Fair, an associate professor at the Center for Peace and Security Studies, was incensed after Asra Q Nomani, 'lifelong liberal', wrote an article about voting for Donald Trump as a Muslim immigrant.

That led to a month of abuse on social media - including insults and threats of lawsuits - The Daily Caller reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Trump.html

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:01 pm

I don't like Trump----but I find it ridiculous when people berate you for voting for somebody you oppose.

I feel that people voted for Trump because represented "change, any change." People in the Heartland were desperate for anything which would overthrow the "status quo" in Washington. How else can one account for Trump winning in Michigan?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

For the deranged Left, hate trumps love.

Man refuses to help Trump supporter stuck in snow

A man boasted on Facebook after leaving a female motorist stuck in the snow because he deemed her a supporter of Donald Trump.

Troy Brown, a Bernie Sanders supporter, says he was going to stop to help the woman but then saw her Trump bumper sticker. Instead of helping her, he just drove past. And took pictures.

He posted the image of the car stuck in the snow with the caption, “I was going to help her but she has a #Trump sticker on her car. #CallYoPresident.”

Brown later went on to post a video about what happened.

http://thegrio.com/2016/12/27/man-refus ... k-in-snow/

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:45 pm

a couple of incidents doesn't equal a deranged, hateful left. it equals a couple of immature human beings.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:54 pm

If my party does it, its immature but if the "enemy" does it then they are the spawn of Satan.

Everything my party does is wonderful and this is a great mindset to have because the more divided we are, the less likely everyone will listen and the more likely we can reach an agreement while killing one another.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 11:12 pm

sidney j. harris (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_J._Harris) used to write multiple columns on the difference between how i see what i do and what you do. things such as, "if i do it, it's creative. if you do it, it's disruptive." unfortunately this is a human tendency that the wise must guard against.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:15 am

I think these isolated incidences pale in comparison to the mob attack against the electors. Although these may start piling up. And if so, some will likely be faked.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:41 am

I think our culture in a lot of ways is just getting increasingly nihilistic and to that end we're hyper-sensitized to politics because people don't have their own integrity or internal resource to lean on anymore. That's partly been due to a lot of well-aimed Marxist propaganda but equally it's been part of how we've handled capitalism, ie. the only useful skill is one that makes a person money and prestige - the rest is just seen as dalliance or, worse, an evasion of responsibility.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:41 pm

I am infected.
If we make it through the next 4 or 8 years with the planet relatively intact I will consider that a success.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:03 pm

Rude people gonna be rude.
I doubt they'd be pleasant people to deal with in any situation.
I wouldn't leave someone stranded on the road becuse they voted for Trimp.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:37 pm

When I watched Schindler's List, female inmates, being monitored for health, are made to walk around a track, naked. They prick their fingers, and rub blood on their cheeks, to look ruddy.

You're saying that this prospective dictator is "#LiterallyHitler."

Then, what is he supposed to make of physically-weak people, having emotional breakdowns. If I thought I was going to die, at any moment, I might like to appear resilient, intelligent, and successful.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 1:26 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
When I watched Schindler's List, female inmates, being monitored for health, are made to walk around a track, naked. They prick their fingers, and rub blood on their cheeks, to look ruddy.

You're saying that this prospective dictator is "#LiterallyHitler."

Then, what is he supposed to make of physically-weak people, having emotional breakdowns. If I thought I was going to die, at any moment, I might like to appear resilient, intelligent, and successful.

Nah, Trump's not Hitler; he isn't nearly as bright as Hitler.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome in one image:

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:51 pm

Darmok wrote:
Trump Derangement Syndrome in one image:

That's one person.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

If I am to play Devil's Advocate, did any social conservatives realistically honor Obama, following the last two elections, any more than Mz Green now honors Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 9:09 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
If I am to play Devil's Advocate, did any social conservatives realistically honor Obama, following the last two elections, any more than Mz Green now honors Trump.

If any did, they were few and far between.