How you come across online vs. in real life

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 8:46 am

Definitely an awesome guinea pig! Reminds me of a Pink Fairy Armadillo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_fairy_armadillo

Back on topic, I'm realizing that I am capable of learning better social interaction skills online, and that it's possible I might learn to 'connect' better here, in a way that reflects who I truly am, and how I feel - whereas in real life I see that as a hopelessly impossible goal, and so I just keep smiling and nodding and trying to fit in.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2016, 11:32 pm

Ummm.. this varies over the years. I can come across WAY more unstable online than I do in the real world when I feel like venting. I can also come across more together than I actually am when talking to a family member on facebook or such.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 12:46 am

i could never speak of my struggles to anyone over voice as i could through text.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 10:32 am

bethannny wrote:
I can come across WAY more unstable online than I do in the real world when I feel like venting.

Yes. I'm learning not to do that, because it just looks stupidly emotional to other people. The reality is I never lose my temper like that in real life (I generally just hide in a corner and cry) but people online assume I'm this raging monster in real life, which simply isn't true.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful perspectives and insights on this issue!