Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 10:19 pm

Fraser_1990 wrote:
Yeah, I know that feeling quite well. Especially with ex's who have settled down with the partner that they cheated with you on, only to go on and get married and have children. I have a few of those. :(

It is like a particularly unwelcome brick in the face. Residual feelings for someone are a bit... just where do you put them? The only cure probably is more time, plus finding someone else. Back to square one!

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2016, 10:25 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
Fraser_1990 wrote:
Yeah, I know that feeling quite well. Especially with ex's who have settled down with the partner that they cheated with you on, only to go on and get married and have children. I have a few of those. :(

It is like a particularly unwelcome brick in the face. Residual feelings for someone are a bit... just where do you put them? The only cure probably is more time, plus finding someone else. Back to square one!

It gets to a point where no matter how alone you feel inside, you don't want to meet someone and go through it all again. I can only take so many hits and i've reached my limit.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2017, 2:25 am

I never really cared except for watching my 1st girlfriend move on to another relationship after we broke up; that was hard to handle.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition