Does not liking people who are prejudice make you prejudice?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:16 pm

Does not liking people who are prejudice make you prejudice?
I personally would say not so. For example, the victims of race hate who hate those who victimise them are not prejudice against their victimisers.

Now this is not a major issue to me, its just an argument that has come up among people who support race supremacy and neo-nazism.

Some of those who follow neo-nazism and race supremacy have attacked the people who speak out against them saying that it is wrong to speak out against them as they are only expressing their freedom of speech and by speaking out against them does in fact make those who speak against them show prejudice.

Interesting but twisted argument.

I also note that,
Recently in the UK the UK government recently passed a law that stated supporters of the extremist group national action were from now on to be classified as terrorists and who were liable for prosecution for any participating in the national action group.

Please note, i am not on the board here to incite any form of hate towards any person or group. I am just trying to work out what the answer to this argument is. As i find all this very confusing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:25 pm

It is prejudice-----but it is justified prejudice.

No need for a detailed analysis.

Aren't we "prejudiced" against murderers, too?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:44 pm

Sure.
Although, and dont mean to argue. as not really into arguing. Especially with you, whom i have read a number of posts from and who in my opinion comes across as a very mild mannered reasonable and respectful guy.

just read the definition of prejudice on wikipedia;
and it reads:
"preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."

so i guess our dislike for murderers or people who hurt, bully people based on a prejudice is not prejudice
because the dislike is based on the reasoning that it is irrational to pick on someone based on color of a persons skin, their race, the country a person was born in or the color of a persons eyes.

I would say not liking people who want to murder you would be fairly easy to understand and very rational
(unless you are one of the rare people who like the idea).

I can also understand why someone would not like race supremacy, especially if they come from a race that is considered by those who subscribe to race supremacy as inferior or "for termination".

The whole race supremacy thing is something i find a bit bizarre. especially as an aspergers. As the original nazi's would have for sure put us on their list of imperfections regardless of race of origin.

I just wonder how the race supremacists can argue that they are the superior race.
As over the last 100 years, we have seen amazing achievements from peoples of all nations.
In all endeavors. I wonder how those who subscribe to the view that the Aryan Races are superior put their argument across now.

As like I say, over the past 100 years, there have been massive advancements in most areas of human endeavour with the advancement coming from a wide variety of races.
I just find the phenomena quiet confusing.

I also note that I believe some years ago a study was made of IQ per nation, with the Japanese coming out top.
In which case, then why aren't the Japanese the master race. Perhaps how the race supremacists equate supremacy is different and is not based on IQ. But on other traits.

I think that how the scientists measure IQ has changed quiet considerably over years. as some people who may have very high IQ's may not be very useful in other areas. This is apparent in some of us Aspergers.
But this sometimes is our strength as well as our weakness.
Anyway, just a little debate in hope of gaining a better understanding of it all.
No judgement. Just objective analysis. Thanks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm

I get what you mean.

Debate is a "God-given" right, as well as a fundamental right.

I believe strongly in free-flowing debate, and I don't believe in censorship.

I still feel that prejudice against those who are prejudiced is justified. This prejudice is also based upon "preconceived notions."

Also: No two murderers are alike, so it is, theoretically, possible, to be prejudiced against them based on "preconceived notions." It is also justified, except in cases, of course, where the murderer killed somebody in self-defense.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:17 pm

Does being tolerant, to intolerance make you a bigot? I think that would be impartial and unbiased. To answer your question, it would make you biased. We are human, we all have biases, it is normal human behavior.

voidnull
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm

No it doesn't make you prejudice. You're disliking them because of their ignorance of something. If you disliked them after assuming they were ignorant, rather than actually finding out for yourself, then you'd be prejudiced.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:24 pm

It is biased, but it is, by and large, a justified "bias."

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No two murderers are alike, so it is, theoretically, possible, to be prejudiced against them based on "preconceived notions."

Yes, such as the erroneous pre-judgment (prejudice) that all murders are (capable of being) serial killers and/or never (capable of being) remorseful.

I also get a kick out of the idea of there being something categorically wrong either with tolerance or intolerance of intolerance or tolerance. Tolerating intolerance is necessary for scoring horseshoes, but not while toeing the line to toss them.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It is biased, but it is, by and large, a justified "bias."

That would depend on one's perspective. I am sure those that that are prejudiced, always think it is justified for whatever bias they hold. Again, it's how we humans build opinions no matter if we disagree with said opinion. We often use confirmation bias to accept or reject relevancy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:40 pm

You're right...it's based on one's perspective...one's "bias."

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're right...it's based on one's perspective...one's "bias."

As the saying goes about opinions. :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Dec 2016, 4:00 pm

Are you making prejudice assessments about groups or individuals based on what you perceive their beliefs and actions as being? It kind of answers itself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 5:14 pm

Yep...Opinions are like as*holes...everybody's got one.

One of my favorite expressions.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 5:29 pm

ref - heterophobia, reverse racism, misandry...

If you're on comfortable terms with the different subcultures (which many of you sjw's are not) you're going to find them using the same pejoratives as a Kentucky colonel.

Also, in some low-end, rural properties and run down cul de sacs, there is literally such a thing as dumb and violent conservatism. I mean, involving open sewers and pinned animals. Yes, really.

People on either side of the culture war might just be telling it, like it is, sometimes.