Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2016, 9:29 pm

Hey guys, I found an interesting quiz online that tests your social intelligence. I scored fairly low, and I'm guessing most others on this sight will too. The quiz shows pictures of people's eyes and has you guess what emotion their feeling.

Here's the link for those interested: http://socialintelligence.labinthewild. ... /#moreInfo

My score was 24 out of 36, which puts me in the 28%tile.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 9:43 pm

Got 20 out of 36. I never look at eyes, so I actually did better than I thought.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 10:23 pm

23 out of 36so not so bad, what such a test don't mention that in real life, facial features rapidly change, many of us don't or can't look at the face for any reason or isn't a true reflection of a persons intent or actual emotional feeling.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 7:52 am

22 of 36 a lot better then I thought

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2016, 8:18 am

Your score is 31 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 89% of all participants.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2016, 10:07 am

Surprisingly got 30/36, better than 74% of participants. I still felt extremely uncomfortable looking at some of those eyes, especially ones that were looking directly at the camera.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 10:39 am

I'll have to try it later when my daughter is off my iPad. It says it won't work on a phone.

...but, I wonder how we all would do if it showed us their mouths only and not the eyes. What would the difference be between NTs and us with mouths instead of eyes?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2016, 10:59 am

Are mouths really that expressive? I've only been able to recognize emotions through the entire body language combined with tone of voice.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 11:06 am

SteveSnow wrote:
Are mouths really that expressive? I've only been able to recognize emotions through the entire body language combined with tone of voice.

I don't know. I just realized at some point that I know a lot more about people's mouths than their eyes (couldn't tell you what my husband's eyes look like and I always forget the colors...), so I figured I must be looking at people's mouths more. I've seen studies that indicate those on the spectrum tend to have that habit.

...but, I guess you are right in that I doubt I look at a mouth and know how someone feels. I think I take a broad range of information in (including what you've mentioned, the surroundings, information I know about the person, and logic). And even then, after that...I usually don't assume I *know*, I ask if I need to know. ...which, I'm certain probably gives the appearance that I'm "unable" to tell. (Which isn't true.)

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2016, 11:18 am

I absolutely share the same habit of looking at mouths rather than eyes, I was just wondering if I was missing more information there. Peoples habit of assuming we can't read any emotion does irritate me or even worse that we don't feel.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 2:01 pm

I think AS people can be very good at saying person A gets moody when B happens.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2016, 2:06 pm

I got a 22. I was guessing at most of them. Half of those guesses were a process of elimination where I knew it wasn't A, B or D therefore it was the one I didn't know. If it wasn't multiple choice, I would have gotten a lot lower.

owenc
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2016, 2:19 pm

30/36, I don't have problems interpreting basic facial expressions. It's more subtle, in depth expressions that give me issues.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2016, 2:59 pm

owenc wrote:
30/36, I don't have problems interpreting basic facial expressions. It's more subtle, in depth expressions that give me issues.

Sameish... but 90% of it was guessing... I totally gamed the system. I can tell the difference in extremes, which most of them had... I know the difference (mostly) between concerned and horrified... most of the answers were easily Occam'ed... in fact when I didn't know at all I would just subtract the three "extreme" answers from the list and go with what was left over.

Had they focused on subtlety (if the choices for a content answer were Loving/Desiring/Distracted/Content instead of "Hateful/Horrified/Accusatory/Content" ) I'd likely have missed them all.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2016, 3:45 pm

I think that was my biggest issue with this test, it was very easy to pick the most appropriate expression. If they made us type answers I think it would be much more accurate and I'm sure most of us would do much worse ;)

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2016, 3:57 pm

It's not a very hard test when you have words right next to the pictures basically trying to give you the answer. Recognizing expressions in real life is completely different.